Bhairab Kund Trekking
Bhairab Kund trekking is a 'camping trek'. ‘Bhairab’ is the ferocious representation of the supreme Hindu god Shiva and ‘Kund’ means the small lake. As this lake belongs to god Bhairab, people call this lake as Bhairab Kund. According to local people, Bhairab Kund has the spiritual power given by the god Bhairab. It is a pilgrimage site for the Shamans. During the major festival time, many Shamans and other pilgrimages visit Bhairab Kund and demonstrate their spiritual power.
The clear mountain views, wildlife, natural beauty, traditional villages and livelihood, landscapes, biodiversity are the adventures of Bhirab Kund trekking. DorjeLakpa (6966 meter), Phurbi Chhyachu (6637meter), Jugal Himal and other many more snowcapped mountains are the main attractive features of Bairab Kund.
Jalbire is the starting point of Bhairab Kund trekking which is a less touristic destination and we have camping trek, reached after about six hours drive from Kathmandu.
- Outline Itinerary
- Detail Itinerary
- Trip Facts & Map
- Trip Cost Details
- Useful Information
Bhairab Kund Trekking Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival to Kathmandu international airport and brought to the hotel by our office representative
Day 02: Briefing about Bhairab Kund trekking and trekking preparation
Day 03: About 6 hours drive from Kathmandu to Jalbire a starting point
Day 04: Trek from Jalbire to Chanaute 1350m
Day 05: Trek from Chanaute to Khanigaon 2000m
Day 06: Exploration day and village tour
Day 07: Trek from Khanigaon to Forest Camp 3150m
Day 08: Trek from Forest Camp to Pati 3765m
Day 09: Trek from Pati to Bhairav Kund 4364m
Day 10: Trek from Bhairav Kund to Sherpagaon 2500m
Day 11: Trek from Sherpagaon to Larcha 1500m
Day 12: Drive from Larchha to Kathmandu with local Bus (5/6 hours)
Day 13: Rest day in Kathmandu
Day 14: Full day sightseeing in Kathmandu valley in a private coach with our tourist guide. Shopping can be set on the request of tourists. Farewell dinner will be offered in typical Nepali restaurant with cultural music and dance
Day 15: Drive to Kathmandu international airport and fly back to selected destination
Day 01: Arrival
Activities: Trekking and sightseeing
Accommodation: Tented camp
Starting and ending points: Jalbire/Larcha
Maximum altitude: 4364 meter
Duration of the trip: 15 days
Group size: 1 - 12 packs
Best season: March- May and September-December
Trip Cost: Starts from USD1275.00
Trip cost: USD1275.00/ per person(minimum2 pax)
- Pick up and drop transport as mentioned in the itinerary
- Accommodation and three meals per day in Kathmandu and during the trekking
- Trekking guide and porters (Cook and sardar in the case of camping trek)
- National parks’ fees and government royalties
- Domestic air ticket and airport tax for tourists and guides as mentioned in the itinerary
- Insurance of our trekking staff members
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley or other parts of Nepal as mentioned in the itinerary
- International air ticket, airport tax and Nepal visa fees
- All kinds of drink during trekking and travel stay with us
- Travel insurance and cost of medical services of tourists
- All kinds of cloth and personal trekking equipment
- Other personal expenses and tips
- Charted helicopter, plane and other transports in case of emergency
- Backpack (50 liters) with outside pockets to keep smaller items
- Trekking boots, well broken in and waterproofed. Gaiters to keep snow out of boots
- Woolen sweaters and down jacket, gloves, wind proof outer garments, pants jacket, skirts, T-shirts, shirts, baggy pants and underwear
- Several pairs of woolen and few pairs of nylon socks. A pair of sandals
- Sleeping bag adequate for temperatures encountered
- Hat with wide brim and sun lotion cream
- One liter water bottle and some food for contingencies
- Repair and medical kit
- Head lamp with spare lithium batteries and bulbs
- Handkerchief and toiletries
- Verified phone number of your Embassy, consulate ,trekking agency and private phone number of your director
- Pen, pencils and letterhead to write an emergency message
- Pocket knife with opener and scissors
- Sunglasses with spare eyeglasses or contact lenses if you wear them
- Umbrella and rain coat
Important Information Before Your Trip to Nepal
Payment: Down payment: 15% of total payment is required to confirm the reservation.
Payment of the Balance: Rest amount can be paid in our office after your arrival.
Arrival Point: You will be met at the Kathmandu international airport. Our office representative will be waiting for you holding play card of the Nepal Mountain Lovers Treks and Expedition. In case of your change plan, please let us inform.
Booking Air Ticket: If you don't have regular travel agent, please visit makemytrip.com, www.kayak.com, www.vayama.com. They offer you very good price.
Room System: Normally we have two people in a room. Twin bed or single bed depends on the choice of guests and budget. If tourists want single room, s/he should pay single supplementary.
Trekking Leading Person: Our trekking guide will lead the whole trip with his/her helpers and porters.
Currencies: USD, AUD, EURO are major acceptable currencies in Nepal and visa and credit cards also accepted. There is ATM facility in city area.
Altitude Sickness: Altitude sickness will start from 3000 meter height. Trekkers should immediately inform trekking guide if faced any problems.
Drinking Water: We can get mineral water and boiled water in city area and in some trekking places. We use water purification tablet or liquid in some remote trekking sites.
Laundry Facility: Laundry facility are available in city area but not during the trekking.
Visa: You can get arrival visa at Kathmandu airport that cost 25 USD for 15 days and 40 USD for 30 days. Please bring 2 passport size photos. You can get your visa from the closest Nepali embassy.
Orientation Program: Before starting trekking, trekkers are provided with an orientation by our office representative or trekking guide about the necessary trekking information.
Group Size: There will be maximum 12 persons in one group.
Accommodation: You will stay in a nice tourist standard hotel/resort in city areas. Normal hotels or tents are available during the trekking.
Foods: We provide breakfast, lunch, dinner. Tourists can get continental food both in city and trekking places. Food during the trekking might not meet the standard of your country.
View of Mount Everest: Trekkers to Everest region will of course see the Mount Everest. For trekkers visiting other regions where they cannot view Mount Everest, there are daily mountain flights which approach close to Mount Everest.
Travel Insurance: It is compulsory to have travel insurance.
Personal Expenses: It depends on your spending interest and shopping. There are some expensive handmade carpets, Thanka paintings, jewelries and handicrafts to purchase in Nepal.
Luggage: We take only about 10kg per person in trekking. Your excess baggage will be stored in a hotel.
Tips: Tips are highly accepted and appreciated.
Rules and Regulation
Nepal Mountain Lovers Treks and Expedition accepts your reservation under the following rules and regulations.
1. If the balance payment is not paid before your departure for trekking, the booking will be cancelled without any refund.
2. If there is war or the situation of the country is out of control and the country faces emergency situation before your arrival to Nepal, we inform you not to come Nepal and refund your payment. But in case of any emergency situation or war after your arrival or during the trekking, we will not refund your money. But we will try our best to make your trip successful and pleasant. In such situation, we may need to change the trip plan and itinerary.
3. In case of increase in government royalty and other costs such as the national park fee, you have to pay extra money.
4. If you commit any illegal act or disturbance for the safety and welfare of the group, our leader or guide can ask to leave the group without any right to refund.
5. If you have any complain with regards to trekking and tour please inform our tour leader or company. All kinds of valid complain are welcomed and processed with necessary actions.
6.You are responsible to ensure that all travel documents are with you during the entire trip.