Bouddhanath Stupa is the biggest stupa in South Asia. This stupa is situated in Kathmandu valley, seven km far from the centre of Kathmandu city. This Buddhist monument was built in 5th century but renovated time to time. Bouddhnath stupa, constructed in the Mandela shape, is the mediating instrument of Buddhists. It is about 130ft height with about1600ft circumference surrounded by the brick wall. There are 147 niches with the preying wheels on the wall. 'Om Mani Padme Hum' written in the praying wheels is the Buddhist chanting to get the merit of worship in the name of god.
Bouddhanath stupa has been listed in the UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1979.
According to Buddhist legend, this marvelous stupa was built by a woman named Gagima. She married with four men, gave birth to four children and collected more money from four husbands. With that money, she wanted to build a marvelous thing but the rulers of that time were not interested to see any marvelous things built by normal people. Thus, they did not give her any land. But the woman went again to the king and asked small piece of land which is equal to the size of the watter buffalo skin. Finally, the king approved her proposal. The woman was very clever who made very thin thread of the skin and made a circumference with it. The religious and traditional people, mainly the higher caste, were not allowed to touch the circumference made of buffalo skin. Therefore, the woman started to build stupa that took 12 years to complete. Each 12 years there comes a big festival to mark the establishment of the stupa.
In 1959, many Tibetians came to Nepal as refugee and started to live here. At present, Bouddhanath looks like a small Tibetian village. In the morning and evening a crowd of people walk around the stupa to worship the god.
- Outline Itinerary
- Detail Itinerary
- Trip Facts & Map
- Trip Cost Details
- Useful Information
Bouddhanath Tour Itinerary
For the cost ask us.
Day 01: Arrival
Trip Cost:Ask us.
Trip cost: Ask us.
- Pick up and drop transport as mentioned in the itinerary
- Accommodation and three meals per day during the tour
- Tour guide
- Entrance fees and government royalties
- Domestic air ticket and airport tax for tourists and guides as mentioned in the itinerary
- Sightseeing as mentioned in the itinerary
- International air ticket, airport tax and Nepal visa fees
- All kinds of drink during tour and travel with us
- Travel insurance and the cost of medical services of tourists
- All kinds of cloth and personal belongings
- Other personal expenses and tips
- Charted helicopter, plane and other transports in case of emergency
Important Information Before Your Trip to Nepal
Payment: Down payment: 15% of total payment is required to confirm the reservation.
Payment of the Balance: Rest amount can be paid in our office after your arrival.
Arrival Point: You will be met at the Kathmandu international airport. Our office representative will be waiting for you holding play card of the Nepal Mountain Lovers Treks and Expedition. In case of your change plan, please let us inform.
Booking Air Ticket: If you don't have regular travel agent, please visit makemytrip.com, www.kayak.com, www.vayama.com. They offer you very good price.
Room System: Normally we have two people in a room. Twin bed or single bed depends on the choice of guests and budget. If tourists want single room, s/he should pay single supplementary.
Tour Leading Person: Our tour guide will lead the whole trip with his/her helpers and porters.
Currencies: USD, AUD, EURO are major acceptable currencies in Nepal and visa and credit cards also accepted. There is ATM facility in city area.
Altitude Sickness: Altitude sickness will start from 3000 meter height. Tourists should immediately inform tour guide if faced any problems.
Drinking Water: We can get mineral water and boiled water in city area and in some touristy places. We use water purification tablet or liquid in some remote touristy sites.
Laundry Facility: Laundry facility are available in city area.
Visa: You can get arrival visa at Kathmandu airport that cost 25 USD for 15 days and 40 USD for 30 days. Please bring 2 passport size photos. You can get your visa from the closest Nepali embassy.
Orientation Program: Before starting trip, tourists are provided with an orientation by our office representative or tour guide about the necessary tour information.
Group Size: There will be maximum 12 persons in one group.
Accommodation: You will stay in a 5***** to nice tourist standard hotel/resort in city areas. Normal hotels also are available during the tour upon your desire.
Foods: We provide breakfast, lunch, dinner. Tourists can get continental food both in city and touristy areas.
View of Mount Everest: For tourists visiting other regions where they cannot view Mount Everest, there are daily mountain flights which approach close to Mount Everest.
Travel Insurance: It is compulsory to have travel insurance.
Personal Expenses: It depends on your spending interest and shopping. There are some expensive handmade carpets, Thanka paintings, jewelries and handicrafts to purchase in Nepal.
Luggage: Your excess baggage will be stored in a hotel.
Tips: Tips are highly accepted and appreciated.
Rules and Regulation
Nepal Mountain Lovers Treks and Expedition accepts your reservation under the following rules and regulations.
1. If the balance payment is not paid before your departure for trip, the booking will be cancelled without any refund.
2. If there is war or the situation of the country is out of control and the country faces emergency situation before your arrival to Nepal, we inform you not to come Nepal and refund your payment. But in case of any emergency situation or war after your arrival or during the tour, we will not refund your money. But we will try our best to make your trip successful and pleasant. In such situation, we may need to change the trip plan and itinerary.
3. In case of increase in government royalty and other costs such as the national park fee, you have to pay extra money.
4. If you commit any illegal act or disturbance for the safety and welfare of the group, our leader or guide can ask to leave the group without any right to refund.
5. If you have any complain with regards to trip, please inform our tour leader or company. All kinds of valid complain are welcomed and processed with necessary actions.
6.You are responsible to ensure that all travel documents are with you during the entire trip.