Bumthang Cultural Trek in Bhutan
Bumthang Cultural Trek comprises of a 9-day cultural tour and a 3-day Bumthang cultural trek. The cultural tour passes through famous Tiger's Nest Monastery, deeply forested valleys and interesting villages. Whereas, the cultural trek offers cultural highlights of Bhutan, including heritage sites in the valley.
Beautiful rhododendron forests; attractive snow peaked Himalayas, green valleys and crystal lakes; flora and fauna, remote villages, ancient temples, small townships and rural life
- Outline Itinerary
- Detail Itinerary
- Trip Facts & Map
- Trip Cost Details
- Useful Information
Bumthang Trekking Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu airport and transfer to hotel
Day:02: Rest in Kathmandu
Day 03: Arrival at Paro and transfer to hotel
Day:04: Drive to Thimphu
Day:05: Explore Thimphu
Day 06: Drive to Punakha, about 3 hrs (1,250m)
Day 07: Drive to Bumthang, about 7 hrs (2,850m)
Day 08: Trek to Ngang Lhakhang, about 6 hrs (2,895m)
Day 09: Trek to Ugven Choling, about 8 hrs (2,895m)
Day 10: Trek to Jakar, about 3 hrs (2,740m)
Day 11: Rest/explore Bumthang
Day 12: Drive to Wangdue, about 6 hrs (1,240m)
Day 13: Drive to Paro, about 4 hrs
Day 14: Departure from Paro to Kathmandu, Nepal
Day 15: Rest in Kathmandu and farewell dinner
Day 16: Drop off at the airport and departure for final destination
Note: Stay in Kathmandu on the 2nd and 15th day is arranged due to the flight connection to Bhutan and back to Kathmandu
Day 01: Arrival
Duration: 16 days (Bhutan trip 12 days)
Activities: Trekking & sightseeing
Max Elevation: 2,900m
Trip Type: Hotel and camping
Meal: Full board
Accommodation: 5 nights in hotel and 4 nights in tented camps during the trek
Transportation: Flight and private vehicle
Best seasons: March-June & September-December
Group Size: 12 persons max
US 4380 per person
Note: Bhutan tour /trekking cost is fixed which is US $ 250 per day for a group of 3 person or above; 280 for a group of 2 person and 290 for a single person. Air ticket from KTM-Paro-KTM US $ 450. For Bhutan trip we have to buy minimum 4 days package
- Kathmandu-Paro-Kathmandu air ticket
- Pick up and drop off in Nepal and Bhutan as per the itinerary
- Accommodation in 3 star hotel in Nepal and in tourist standard hotel in Bhutan on twin sharing basis in the city and tented camp during the trek
- Professional English speaking guides and porters and pack animal for the trekking
- Sightseeing, tour and trekking permit & fees, applicable service charges and other government royalties in Bhutan
- Full board meals with tea/coffee during the entire trip in Nepal and Bhutan
- Bhutan visa fee
- Necessary trekking equipments like 2-men sleeping tents, dining, kitchen & toilet tents and sleeping mats
- All personnel expenses i.e. phone, beverages, internet, laundry and tips
- Travel and medical insurance
- Emergency rescue cost
- Nepal visa fee
- Backpack (50 liters) with outside pockets to keep smaller items
- Trekking boots, well broken in and waterproofed. Gaiters to keep snow out of boots
- Woolen sweaters and down jacket, gloves, wind proof outer garments, pants jacket, skirts, T-shirts, shirts, baggy pants and underwear
- Several pairs of woolen and few pairs of nylon socks. A pair of sandals
- Sleeping bag adequate for temperatures encountered
- Hat with wide brim and sun lotion cream
- One liter water bottle and some food for contingencies
- Repair and medical kit
- Head lamp with spare lithium batteries and bulbs
- Handkerchief and toiletries
- Verified phone number of your Embassy, consulate ,trekking agency and private phone number of your director
- Pen, pencils and letterhead to write an emergency message
- Pocket knife with opener and scissors
- Sunglasses with spare eyeglasses or contact lenses if you wear them
- Umbrella and rain coat
Important Information Before Your Trip to Nepal
Payment: Down payment: 15% of total payment is required to confirm the reservation.
Payment of the Balance: Rest amount can be paid in our office after your arrival.
Arrival Point: You will be met at the Kathmandu international airport. Our office representative will be waiting for you holding play card of the Nepal Mountain Lovers Treks and Expedition. In case of your change plan, please let us inform.
Booking Air Ticket: If you don't have regular travel agent, please visit makemytrip.com, www.kayak.com, www.vayama.com. They offer you very good price.
Room System: Normally we have two people in a room. Twin bed or single bed depends on the choice of guests and budget. If tourists want single room, s/he should pay single supplementary.
Trekking Leading Person: Our trekking guide will lead the whole trip with his/her helpers and porters.
Currencies: USD, AUD, EURO are major acceptable currencies in Nepal and visa and credit cards also accepted. There is ATM facility in city area.
Altitude Sickness: Altitude sickness will start from 3000 meter height. Trekkers should immediately inform trekking guide if faced any problems.
Drinking Water: We can get mineral water and boiled water in city area and in some trekking places. We use water purification tablet or liquid in some remote trekking sites.
Laundry Facility: Laundry facility are available in city area but not during the trekking.
Visa: You can get arrival visa at Kathmandu airport that cost 25 USD for 15 days and 40 USD for 30 days. Please bring 2 passport size photos. You can get your visa from the closest Nepali embassy.
Orientation Program: Before starting trekking, trekkers are provided with an orientation by our office representative or trekking guide about the necessary trekking information.
Group Size: There will be maximum 12 persons in one group.
Accommodation: You will stay in a nice tourist standard hotel/resort in city areas. Normal hotels or tents are available during the trekking.
Foods: We provide breakfast, lunch, dinner. Tourists can get continental food both in city and trekking places. Food during the trekking might not meet the standard of your country.
View of Mount Everest: Trekkers to Everest region will of course see the Mount Everest. For trekkers visiting other regions where they cannot view Mount Everest, there are daily mountain flights which approach close to Mount Everest.
Travel Insurance: It is compulsory to have travel insurance.
Personal Expenses: It depends on your spending interest and shopping. There are some expensive handmade carpets, Thanka paintings, jewelries and handicrafts to purchase in Nepal.
Luggage: We take only about 10kg per person in trekking. Your excess baggage will be stored in a hotel.
Tips: Tips are highly accepted and appreciated.
Rules and Regulation
Nepal Mountain Lovers Treks and Expedition accepts your reservation under the following rules and regulations.
1. If the balance payment is not paid before your departure for trekking, the booking will be cancelled without any refund.
2. If there is war or the situation of the country is out of control and the country faces emergency situation before your arrival to Nepal, we inform you not to come Nepal and refund your payment. But in case of any emergency situation or war after your arrival or during the trekking, we will not refund your money. But we will try our best to make your trip successful and pleasant. In such situation, we may need to change the trip plan and itinerary.
3. In case of increase in government royalty and other costs such as the national park fee, you have to pay extra money.
4. If you commit any illegal act or disturbance for the safety and welfare of the group, our leader or guide can ask to leave the group without any right to refund.
5. If you have any complain with regards to trekking and tour please inform our tour leader or company. All kinds of valid complain are welcomed and processed with necessary actions.
6.You are responsible to ensure that all travel documents are with you during the entire trip.