Daily Lomanthang Tour
Daily Lomanthang tour is the 6 days Upper Mustang tour package from Kathmandu with four wheel Jeep or Public coach. Now days there is road access till Lomanthang from Kathmandu. It takes two days travel to arrive Lomanthang and 2 days travel to drive back to Kathmandu. We can stay 2 nights in Lomanthang and visit all important sightseeing places like a nine cornered Royal palace that was built in 1400 A.D. The most important or popular festival of Lomanthang “Tiji Festival” is celebrated in the complex of the Royal palace for 3 days. The whole Lomanthang village is surrounded by the big wall to protect from any kinds of enemies. The lomanthang village is in the rectangular shape and at each corner there are four measure deities.They were built in the sense of protecting the kingdom as well as people of there.
In Lomanthang there are 4 important Gompa(Temples).Jampa Gompa is the oldest one and built in the starting of the 15th century.Just south west of the Jampa Gompa there is another huge Thubchen Gompa and it was built in 15th century.Chodey Gompa and Choprang Gompas are the another attraction of the Lomanthang.
Lomanthang is the former kingdom of Lo and it was founded by “Ame pal” in 1380 A.D. and till 2008 there was the existence of separate kingdom and they have their own rules and regulations even it was the Nepal. In 2008 Nepal was declared the republic kingdom and all the monarchy was thrown away.Now there is no more King. The last king of Lomanthang was “Jigme Dorje Palbar Bista” and 25th ceremonial king of Lomanthang. He was born in 1933.
In Kathmandu and Pokhara we provide 2 star equivalent hotel like international guest house with bed and breakfast or the higher category of hotel on the requirement of guests. In trekking we provide attached toilet room in low lands. As we arrive to higher elevation it is difficult to get attached toilet room and single room in peak season. In peak season we have to share the room. But we try to provide single room if it is possible.
Foods and drinks
In trekking we can get all kinds of food and select from menu and can have as you like. We do not recommend to eat any kinds of meat that is carried local porters from low land walking with 2-3 days. In trekking region they are not allowed to kill any animals. We recommend to eat all kind of vegetarian food and eggs. You can have meat as you arrive to low lands, Pokhara and Kathmandu. You can get all kind of drinks in trekking route. We recommend to drink Mineral water, boiled water or purified water. Purifying tablet is provided by our guide. All kinds of cold drinks and beers are available in tea houses. In higher elevation we do not recommend to drink hard drink.
Guide and porter
We provide English speaking guide and some guide they can speak extra language like, Chinese, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian. Extra language guide is not included in this cost. On request of guest we provide extra language guide with extra cost. Our guides and porters are very helpful, kind and dedicated on their duty. Every day they pass massage to us about the situation of the guest, weather in Trekking.
Best time to visit Lomanthang
The best time to visit Lomanthang or Upper Mustang is March to June and September to November.July and August is the monsoon season Nepal though we can do Lomanthang Tour. December to February is winter and temperature goes -25 degree Celsius and the local people close the all houses and come down to Pokhara and Kathmandu to protect from cold.
Nepal resumes tourism.
Booking open for Upper mustang tour .Book soon and get big discount.
For nepali only Rs.22675 for 7 days trip including all foods and transport.
- Outline Itinerary
- Detail Itinerary
- Trip Facts & Map
- Trip Cost Details
- Useful Information
Day by day Itinerary
6 days upper mustang tour itinerary
01 Day: Pick up from airport.
02 Day: Drive or fly to Jomsom via Pokhara.
03 Day: Drive to Lomanthang.
04 Day: Sightseeing in Lomanthang.
05 Day: Sightseeing in Lomanthang.
06 Day: Drive to Jomsom. From Jomsom drive or fly back to Kathmandu via Pokhara.
7 Days Lomanthang Tour
01 Day: Drive from Kathmandu to Tatopani.
02 Day: Drive to Chusang.
03 Day: Drive to Upper Mustang(Lomanthang) and sightseeing.
04 Day: Again sightseeing till afternoon and drive back to Charang.
05 Day: Drive back to Jomsom via Muktinath.
06 Day: Drive back to Pokhara.
07 Day: Drive back to Kathmandu.
9 days upper mustang tour itinerary
01 Day: Pick up from airport and transfer to Hotel.
02 Day: Drive or fly to Pokhara.
03 Day: Drive or fly to Jomsom.
04 Day: Drive to Lomanthang /Upper Mustang
05 Day: Sightseeing in Lomanthang.
06 Day: Sightseeing in Lomanthang.
07 Day: Drive back to Jomsom.
08 Day: From Jomsom drive or fly back to Kathmandu via Pokhara.
09 Day: Drive to international airport and fly back to international airport.
12 days upper mustang tour
01 Day: Arrival to Nepal airport and transfer to hotel.
02 Day:Make permit and drive to Pokhara.
03 Day:In the morning about 25 minutes flight from Pokhara to Jomsom (2700m) and about 3 hours’ drive to Chele (3050m).
04 Day:About 4 hours’ drive to Luri Gompa and explore it.After sightseeing in Luri gompa drive about 2 hours to Tsarang and again drive 2 hours to Lomanthang (3730m).
05 Day: Then explore royal palace, Monastries and Lomanthang village that is full of old culture and tradition. Interact with local people.
06 Day: Explore Chusar village, Jhong cave with 43 rooms and Tibbet border with Jeep and stay overnight at Lomanthang.
07 Day: Trek to Drakmar (3810m).On the way to Drakmar explore Ghar Gumba.
08 Day: Trek to Ghiling (3806m)
09 Day: Trek to Chhuksang (3050m)
10 Day: Trek to Kagbeni (2810m) and about 30 minutes’ drive to Jomsom
11 Day: Fly from Jomsom - Pokhara –Kathmandu
12 Day: Transfer to international airport and fly onward destination.
Every day you will walk about 6 hours.
Trip Cost: Ask us.
Trip cost: USD 00/ per person
- Pick up and drop transport as mentioned in the itinerary
- Accommodation and three meals per day in Kathmandu and during the trekking
- Trekking guide and porters (Cook and sardar in the case of camping trek)
- National parks’ fees and government royalties
- Domestic air ticket and airport tax for tourists and guides as mentioned in the itinerary
- Insurance of our trekking staff members
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley or other parts of Nepal as mentioned in the itinerary
- International air ticket, airport tax and Nepal visa fees
- All kinds of drink during trekking and travel stay with us
- Travel insurance and cost of medical services of tourists
- All kinds of cloth and personal trekking equipment
- Other personal expenses and tips
- Charted helicopter, plane and other transports in case of emergency
- Backpack (50 liters) with outside pockets to keep smaller items
- Trekking boots, well broken in and waterproofed. Gaiters to keep snow out of boots
- Woolen sweaters and down jacket, gloves, wind proof outer garments, pants jacket, skirts, T-shirts, shirts, baggy pants and underwear
- Several pairs of woolen and few pairs of nylon socks. A pair of sandals
- Sleeping bag adequate for temperatures encountered
- Hat with wide brim and sun lotion cream
- One liter water bottle and some food for contingencies
- Repair and medical kit
- Head lamp with spare lithium batteries and bulbs
- Handkerchief and toiletries
- Verified phone number of your Embassy, consulate ,trekking agency and private phone number of your director
- Pen, pencils and letterhead to write an emergency message
- Pocket knife with opener and scissors
- Sunglasses with spare eyeglasses or contact lenses if you wear them
- Umbrella and rain coat
Important Information Before Your Trip to Nepal
Payment: Down payment: 15% of total payment is required to confirm the reservation.
Payment of the Balance: Rest amount can be paid in our office after your arrival.
Arrival Point: You will be met at the Kathmandu international airport. Our office representative will be waiting for you holding play card of the Nepal Mountain Lovers Treks and Expedition. In case of your change plan, please let us inform.
Booking Air Ticket: If you don't have regular travel agent, please visit makemytrip.com, www.kayak.com, www.vayama.com. They offer you very good price.
Room System: Normally we have two people in a room. Twin bed or single bed depends on the choice of guests and budget. If tourists want single room, s/he should pay single supplementary.
Trekking Leading Person: Our trekking guide will lead the whole trip with his/her helpers and porters.
Currencies: USD, AUD, EURO are major acceptable currencies in Nepal and visa and credit cards also accepted. There is ATM facility in city area.
Altitude Sickness: Altitude sickness will start from 3000 meter height. Trekkers should immediately inform trekking guide if faced any problems.
Drinking Water: We can get mineral water and boiled water in city area and in some trekking places. We use water purification tablet or liquid in some remote trekking sites.
Laundry Facility: Laundry facility are available in city area but not during the trekking.
Visa: You can get arrival visa at Kathmandu airport that cost 25 USD for 15 days and 40 USD for 30 days. Please bring 2 passport size photos. You can get your visa from the closest Nepali embassy.
Orientation Program: Before starting trekking, trekkers are provided with an orientation by our office representative or trekking guide about the necessary trekking information.
Group Size: There will be maximum 12 persons in one group.
Accommodation: You will stay in a nice tourist standard hotel/resort in city areas. Normal hotels or tents are available during the trekking.
Foods: We provide breakfast, lunch, dinner. Tourists can get continental food both in city and trekking places. Food during the trekking might not meet the standard of your country.
View of Mount Everest: Trekkers to Everest region will of course see the Mount Everest. For trekkers visiting other regions where they cannot view Mount Everest, there are daily mountain flights which approach close to Mount Everest.
Travel Insurance: It is compulsory to have travel insurance.
Personal Expenses: It depends on your spending interest and shopping. There are some expensive handmade carpets, Thanka paintings, jewelries and handicrafts to purchase in Nepal.
Luggage: We take only about 10kg per person in trekking. Your excess baggage will be stored in a hotel.
Tips: Tips are highly accepted and appreciated.
Rules and Regulation
Nepal Mountain Lovers Treks and Expedition accepts your reservation under the following rules and regulations.
1. If the balance payment is not paid before your departure for trekking, the booking will be cancelled without any refund.
2. If there is war or the situation of the country is out of control and the country faces emergency situation before your arrival to Nepal, we inform you not to come Nepal and refund your payment. But in case of any emergency situation or war after your arrival or during the trekking, we will not refund your money. But we will try our best to make your trip successful and pleasant. In such situation, we may need to change the trip plan and itinerary.
3. In case of increase in government royalty and other costs such as the national park fee, you have to pay extra money.
4. If you commit any illegal act or disturbance for the safety and welfare of the group, our leader or guide can ask to leave the group without any right to refund.
5. If you have any complain with regards to trekking and tour please inform our tour leader or company. All kinds of valid complain are welcomed and processed with necessary actions.
6.You are responsible to ensure that all travel documents are with you during the entire trip.