Everest Black Stone Trek
Everest black stone trek is a trek towards the Everest Base Camp and Kalapatthar. Among other places in Himalayas, Kalapatthar is not so well known. Kalapatther is an Indian word. In English, we can call it as black stone. There are so many black stones close to the hills of Gorakshep. Thus, people named this place as Kalapather or black stone. We view the spectacular view of Mt. Everest with other Himalayas from Kalapatthar which is one of the best View Points in the Everest region.
- Outline Itinerary
- Detail Itinerary
- Trip Facts & Map
- Trip Cost Details
- Useful Information
Everest Black Stone Trek Itinerary
01 Day: Arrival at Kathmandu international airport and transfer to hotel
02 Day: Rest and briefing about trekking
03 Day: Fly to Lukla (2,800m). Trekking starts from here. Trek to Monjo (2,840m)
04 Day: Trek to Namche (3,420m)
05 Day: Trek to Thyanboche (3,880m)
06 Day: Trek to Pheriche (4,250m)
07 Day: Trek to Lobuche (4,930m)
08 Day: Trek to Kalapatthar (5,545m). Excursion - enjoy Himalayas very close to you - trek back to Lobuche
09 Day: Trek to Phortse (3,810m)
10 Day: Trek to Khumjung (3,800m)
11 Day: Trek to Lukla
12 Day: Fly back to Kathmandu. Farewell dinner with Nepali cultural program
13 Day: Drive to airport and fly back to onward destination
Day 01: Arrival at the Kathmandu international airport. You will be picked up by our office representative and transfer to the hotel.
Day 02: Rest and briefing in the afternoon, necessary preparation for the trekking.
Day 03: A 35-minute flight from Kathmandu to Lukla (2,800m). Take breakfast in the nice restaurant with beautiful views of surrounding mountains. Then a five-hour trek to Monjo (2,840m) starts from Lukla. The trail is almost flat and little up and down. On the way, you will see complex of ‘mani walls’ and ‘chortens’ and brightly painted ‘prayer wheels’. Overnight stay at the hotel in Monjo located at the bank of Dudh Koshi River.
Day 04: You will enjoy your breakfast with wonderful surrounding greenery. At 7am, our trekking starts to Namche Bazaar (3,420m). We walk about a one-hour through flat trail and three hours uphill trail to Namche Bazaar.
Day 05: After breakfast, the trek to Thyangboche also called as Tengboche (3,880m) starts at 7am. The trail goes almost flat for two hours and 40 minutes down. We take lunch at Phunki Thenga where you can watch the wonderful water-powered prayer wheels. Sometimes visitors get to see the Himalayan Thar and Musk Dear. After lunch, we trek up again for two more hours till Thyanboche. At 3pm, visit Thyanboche monastery as the daily ‘Puja’ (prayer) ceremonies in here takes place at 3pm and 6am. Visitors are welcome to attain the Puja. Tengboche monastery is very popular for ‘Mani Rimdu’ festival in the ninth Tibetan month (normally October or November). Sherpa people eat good food, drink, and make merry show, mainly the ‘mask dance’ on this day.
Day 06: Visit Tengboche monastery at 6am. Have breakfast with the view of the Mount Everest, and then start the trek through gradually up trail to Pheriche (4,250m). After 45 minutes trek, you will visit the ‘Debuche Gompa’ where there is also a small Buddhist Nunnery. Besides, you can explore beautiful Himalayan animals like yaks, monal pheasants, and musk deer. The wonderful view of the Amadablum peak, Island peak, and Lhotse Himal on the way is breathtaking. On the whole, this day’s trek contains about four hours walk.
Day 07: After breakfast, the trek to Lobuche (4,930m) starts at 8am. The first one hour trail goes through almost flat valley. Later the road goes gradually up for three hours till we arrive to Lobuche. Upon our arrival, we take a short rest and walk around to see the wonderful glaciers.
Day 08: After breakfast, starts the gradually uphill trek for about three hours to GorakShep (5,130m) and have lunch. Then, an amazing excursion to Kalapatthar (5,545m) that it will take about one and half hour to reach the top and 2:30 minutes walk down Lobuche. Kalapatthar is the best view point to view the Mt. Everest, the world’s highest peak. Your life ever moment in Kalapatthar lasts about 20minutes
Day 09: After breakfast, six hours trek back to Phortse (3,810m).The road separates Pangboche. Phortse is a Sherpa settlement. There are 80 houses with one beautiful monastry. Sometime people see snow leapord.
Day 10: After breakfast, 4 hours trek to Khumjung. Khumjung (3,800m) is the beautiful Sherpa village with Kunde monastery where the tourists view the scalp of Yeti.
Day 11: After breakfast, sevn hours trek back to Lukla (2,800m) through two hours step down till Dudh Koshi and five hours slightly up and down.
Day 12: Fly back to Kathmandu and farewell dinner with Nepali cultural program.
Day 13: Drop off at the airport and departure for selected destination.
Trip Cost: cost starts from 1150 USD per person (for minimum 2 Pax)
- Pick up and drop off transport as mentioned in the itinerary
- Accommodation and breakfast in Kathmandu
- Accomodation, breakfast, lunch & dinner during the trek
- Trekking guide and porters
- National parks’ fees and government royalties
- TIMS Card
- Domestic air ticket and airport tax for tourists and guides as mentioned in the itinerary
- Insurance of our trekking staff members
- Dawn Jacket
- Sleeping bag
- Nepal Mountain Lovers' T-shirt
- First Aid Kit
- Farewell dinner with Nepali cultural program
- International air ticket, airport tax and Nepal visa fees
- All kinds of drink during trekking and travel stay with us
- Travel insurance and cost of medical services of tourists
- All kinds of cloth and personal trekking equipment
- Other personal expenses and tips
- Charted helicopter, plane and other transports in case of emergency
- Backpack (50 liters) with outside pockets to keep smaller items
- Trekking boots, well broken in and waterproofed. Gaiters to keep snow out of boots
- Woolen sweaters and down jacket, gloves, wind proof outer garments, pants jacket, skirts, T-shirts, shirts, baggy pants and underwear
- Several pairs of woolen and few pairs of nylon socks. A pair of sandals
- Sleeping bag adequate for temperatures encountered
- Hat with wide brim and sun lotion cream
- One liter water bottle and some food for contingencies
- Repair and medical kit
- Head lamp with spare lithium batteries and bulbs
- Handkerchief and toiletries
- Verified phone number of your Embassy, consulate ,trekking agency and private phone number of your director
- Pen, pencils and letterhead to write an emergency message
- Pocket knife with opener and scissors
- Sunglasses with spare eyeglasses or contact lenses if you wear them
- Umbrella and rain coat
Important Information Before Your Trip to Nepal
Payment: Down payment: 15% of total payment is required to confirm the reservation.
Payment of the Balance: Rest amount can be paid in our office after your arrival.
Arrival Point: You will be met at the Kathmandu international airport. Our office representative will be waiting for you holding play card of the Nepal Mountain Lovers Treks and Expedition. In case of your change plan, please let us inform.
Booking Air Ticket: If you don't have regular travel agent, please visit makemytrip.com, www.kayak.com, www.vayama.com. They offer you very good price.
Room System: Normally we have two people in a room. Twin bed or single bed depends on the choice of guests and budget. If tourists want single room, s/he should pay single supplementary.
Trekking Leading Person: Our trekking guide will lead the whole trip with his/her helpers and porters.
Currencies: USD, AUD, EURO are major acceptable currencies in Nepal and visa and credit cards also accepted. There is ATM facility in city area.
Altitude Sickness: Altitude sickness will start from 3000 meter height. Trekkers should immediately inform trekking guide if faced any problems.
Drinking Water: We can get mineral water and boiled water in city area and in some trekking places. We use water purification tablet or liquid in some remote trekking sites.
Laundry Facility: Laundry facility are available in city area but not during the trekking.
Visa: You can get arrival visa at Kathmandu airport that cost 25 USD for 15 days and 40 USD for 30 days. Please bring 2 passport size photos. You can get your visa from the closest Nepali embassy.
Orientation Program: Before starting trekking, trekkers are provided with an orientation by our office representative or trekking guide about the necessary trekking information.
Group Size: There will be maximum 12 persons in one group.
Accommodation: You will stay in a nice tourist standard hotel/resort in city areas. Normal hotels or tents are available during the trekking.
Foods: We provide breakfast, lunch, dinner. Tourists can get continental food both in city and trekking places. Food during the trekking might not meet the standard of your country.
View of Mount Everest: Trekkers to Everest region will of course see the Mount Everest. For trekkers visiting other regions where they cannot view Mount Everest, there are daily mountain flights which approach close to Mount Everest.
Travel Insurance: It is compulsory to have travel insurance.
Personal Expenses: It depends on your spending interest and shopping. There are some expensive handmade carpets, Thanka paintings, jewelries and handicrafts to purchase in Nepal.
Luggage: We take only about 10kg per person in trekking. Your excess baggage will be stored in a hotel.
Tips: Tips are highly accepted and appreciated.
Rules and Regulation
Nepal Mountain Lovers Treks and Expedition accepts your reservation under the following rules and regulations.
1. If the balance payment is not paid before your departure for trekking, the booking will be cancelled without any refund.
2. If there is war or the situation of the country is out of control and the country faces emergency situation before your arrival to Nepal, we inform you not to come Nepal and refund your payment. But in case of any emergency situation or war after your arrival or during the trekking, we will not refund your money. But we will try our best to make your trip successful and pleasant. In such situation, we may need to change the trip plan and itinerary.
3. In case of increase in government royalty and other costs such as the national park fee, you have to pay extra money.
4. If you commit any illegal act or disturbance for the safety and welfare of the group, our leader or guide can ask to leave the group without any right to refund.
5. If you have any complain with regards to trekking and tour please inform our tour leader or company. All kinds of valid complain are welcomed and processed with necessary actions.
6.You are responsible to ensure that all travel documents are with you during the entire trip.