Everest helicopter trek
Everest helicopter trek is the Everest trek package in which one way trek to Everest base camp and fly back to Kathmandu with helicopter. In Everest helicopter trek package we need minimum 5 trekkers to reduce the cost. Single tourist also can do Everest helicopter trek if he or she is able to charter the helicopter. For detail information please ask us.
In Kathmandu we provide 2 star equivalent hotel like international guest house with bed and breakfast. In trekking we provide attached toilet room in low lands. As we arrive to higher elevation it is difficult to get attached toilet room and single room in peak season. In peak season we have to share the room. But we try to provide single room if it is possible.
Foods and drinks
In trekking we can get all kinds of food and select from menu and can have as you like. We do not recommend to eat any kinds of meat that is carried local porters from low land walking with 2-3 days. In trekking region they are not allowed to kill any animals. We recommend to eat all kind of vegetarian food and eggs. You can have meat as you arrive to Lukla and Kathmandu. You can get all kind of drinks in trekking route. We recommend to drink Mineral water, boiled water or purified water. Purifying tablet is provided by our guide. All kinds of cold drinks and beers are available in tea houses.
Guide and porter
We provide English speaking guide and some guide they can speak extra language like, Chinese, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian. Extra language guide is not included in this cost. On request of guest we provide extra language guide with extra cost. Our guides and porters are very helpful, kind and dedicated on their duty. Every day they pass massage to us about the situation of the guest, weather in Trekking.
How hard is to go to Cheap Everest base camp trek?
Definitely Everest base camp trek is a hard trek due to the higher elevation though there are hundreds of beautiful breathtaking scenery. You can make it easy if you follow some rules and regulations before starting your treks towards Everest base camp. Most of the time tourists suffered from high-altitude sickness and tiredness. The high-altitude sickness starts from the height of 3000 meter or 9700 feet and you have to arrive 5364 meter or 17433 feet to get Mount Everest base camp. If tourists walk slowly and steadily with many breaks on the way to trek they can acclimatize easily and the trek will be easy. On the way to trek each 1 to 2 hours there are available of tea houses and tourists could have enough liquids and rest to protect themselves from High altitude sickness and tiredness. Because there are not many up and down hills. The trekking trail goes gradually up and only few places there are stiffs. If possible try to practice walking through up and down steeps, Jogging and swimming are equally helpful. Any exercise that is convenient to you and helps you to be fit is recommended.
How long does it take to get to Everest helicopter trek?
From Kathmandu it takes minimum 5 days to arrive to Everest base camp if you are very fit otherwise it takes 7 days.5 days trip is one way to Everest base camp and coming back it takes about 2 hours. For the comfortable walk it takes 7 days. If you are older people then you can make longer too. We design the itinerary on the basis of your requirements otherwise you can follow our detail itinerary down.
One way trek to Everest base camp and fly back with helicopter.
Group size minimum 5 pax.
- Outline Itinerary
- Detail Itinerary
- Trip Facts & Map
- Trip Cost Details
- Useful Information
Day by day Itinerary
Everest Helicopter trek Itinerary
01 Day: Pick up from airport and brought to Hotel.
02 day: Pick up from the hotel and drop off at the airport.At 6.30 fly from airport for Lukla that is the starting point of Everest trek. About 35 minute’s flight you will arrive to Lukla (2,700m) and have breakfast. After breakfast about 6 hours trek to Monjo (2,835m) and overnight stay.
03 Day: Breakfast – about 7 hours trek to Phunki Tenga (3,250m) and overnight stay
04 Day: Breakfast –about 6 hours trek to Pheriche (4,270m) and overnight stay
05 Day: Breakfast – about 5 hours trek to Gorak Shep (5,130m) and excursion to Everest base camp (5,364 meter).Overnight stay in Gorak Shep.
06 Day: In the early morning excursion to Kala Pathar (5,545m) and view the wonderful Mount Everest including hundreds of peaks. Kalapathar is the best view point in Nepal to see the Mount Everest and trek back to Gorak Shep and have breakfast. After breakfast trek back to Pheriche and fly back to Kathmandu with Helicopter.
07 Day: Transfer to airport and fly back to onward destination.
Trip Cost:USD1550.00 Per person(minimum 5 pax)
Trip cost: USD 1550. 00/ per person
· Pick up and drop transport as mentioned in the itinerary
· Accommodation in 2**equivalent hotel and breakfast in Kathmandu
· Accommodation and breakfast with tea/coffee, lunch and dinner during the trek
· Experienced English speaking trekking guide and porter
· National parks’ fees and government royalties
· Domestic air ticket from Kathmandu-Lukla and Helicopter.
· Insurance of our trekking staff
· Sleeping bag
· Trekking map
· Down jacket
· TIMS Card
· First Aid Kit
· Nepal Mountain Lovers’ T-shirts
· Farewell dinner with cultural program in Kathmandu
- International air ticket, airport tax and Nepal visa fees
- Travel insurance and the cost of medical services of tourists
- All kinds of cloth and personal trekking equipment
- Other personal expenses and tips
- Charted helicopter, plane and other transports in case of emergency
- Backpack (50 liters) with outside pockets to keep smaller items
- Trekking boots, well broken in and waterproofed. Gaiters to keep snow out of boots
- Woolen sweaters and down jacket, gloves, wind proof outer garments, pants jacket, skirts, T-shirts, shirts, baggy pants and underwear
- Several pairs of woolen and few pairs of nylon socks. A pair of sandals
- Sleeping bag adequate for temperatures encountered
- Hat with wide brim and sun lotion cream
- One liter water bottle and some food for contingencies
- Repair and medical kit
- Head lamp with spare lithium batteries and bulbs
- Handkerchief and toiletries
- Verified phone number of your Embassy, consulate ,trekking agency and private phone number of your director
- Pen, pencils and letterhead to write an emergency message
- Pocket knife with opener and scissors
- Sunglasses with spare eyeglasses or contact lenses if you wear them
- Umbrella and rain coat
Important Information Before Your Trip to Nepal
Payment: Down payment: 15% of total payment is required to confirm the reservation.
Payment of the Balance: Rest amount can be paid in our office after your arrival.
Arrival Point: You will be met at the Kathmandu international airport. Our office representative will be waiting for you holding play card of the Nepal Mountain Lovers Treks and Expedition. In case of your change plan, please let us inform.
Booking Air Ticket: If you don't have regular travel agent, please visit makemytrip.com, www.kayak.com, www.vayama.com. They offer you very good price.
Room System: Normally we have two people in a room. Twin bed or single bed depends on the choice of guests and budget. If tourists want single room, s/he should pay single supplementary.
Trekking Leading Person: Our trekking guide will lead the whole trip with his/her helpers and porters.
Currencies: USD, AUD, EURO are major acceptable currencies in Nepal and visa and credit cards also accepted. There is ATM facility in city area.
Altitude Sickness: Altitude sickness will start from 3000 meter height. Trekkers should immediately inform trekking guide if faced any problems.
Drinking Water: We can get mineral water and boiled water in city area and in some trekking places. We use water purification tablet or liquid in some remote trekking sites.
Laundry Facility: Laundry facility are available in city area but not during the trekking.
Visa: You can get arrival visa at Kathmandu airport that cost 25 USD for 15 days and 40 USD for 30 days. Please bring 2 passport size photos. You can get your visa from the closest Nepali embassy.
Orientation Program: Before starting trekking, trekkers are provided with an orientation by our office representative or trekking guide about the necessary trekking information.
Group Size: There will be maximum 12 persons in one group.
Accommodation: You will stay in a nice tourist standard hotel/resort in city areas. Normal hotels or tents are available during the trekking.
Foods: We provide breakfast, lunch, dinner. Tourists can get continental food both in city and trekking places. Food during the trekking might not meet the standard of your country.
View of Mount Everest: Trekkers to Everest region will of course see the Mount Everest. For trekkers visiting other regions where they cannot view Mount Everest, there are daily mountain flights which approach close to Mount Everest.
Travel Insurance: It is compulsory to have travel insurance.
Personal Expenses: It depends on your spending interest and shopping. There are some expensive handmade carpets, Thanka paintings, jewelries and handicrafts to purchase in Nepal.
Luggage: We take only about 10kg per person in trekking. Your excess baggage will be stored in a hotel.
Tips: Tips are highly accepted and appreciated.
Rules and Regulation
Nepal Mountain Lovers Treks and Expedition accepts your reservation under the following rules and regulations.
1. If the balance payment is not paid before your departure for trekking, the booking will be cancelled without any refund.
2. If there is war or the situation of the country is out of control and the country faces emergency situation before your arrival to Nepal, we inform you not to come Nepal and refund your payment. But in case of any emergency situation or war after your arrival or during the trekking, we will not refund your money. But we will try our best to make your trip successful and pleasant. In such situation, we may need to change the trip plan and itinerary.
3. In case of increase in government royalty and other costs such as the national park fee, you have to pay extra money.
4. If you commit any illegal act or disturbance for the safety and welfare of the group, our leader or guide can ask to leave the group without any right to refund.
5. If you have any complain with regards to trekking and tour please inform our tour leader or company. All kinds of valid complain are welcomed and processed with necessary actions.
6.You are responsible to ensure that all travel documents are with you during the entire trip.