Everest High Passes trekking
Everest High Passes trekking is an adventure and challenging trekking in the Everest region with many nice short and long trekking trails. Everest high three passes trekking is one of them which contains Khangma La Pass (5,535m), Chola Pass (5,420m) and Renjola Pass (5,338m).
Everest high three passes trekking starts from Lukla to Kalapathar. We trek back to Lukla to catch the flight to Kathmandu. In this trekking, the tourists can view the breathtaking scenery of snowcapped Himalayas, including Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Cho You and Makalu. All are above 8,000m.
Besides high Himalayas, we can view many small peaks during the trek. There are many Sherpa villages and monasteries on the way to explore.
- Outline Itinerary
- Detail Itinerary
- Trip Facts & Map
- Trip Cost Details
- Useful Information
Everest High Passes Trekking Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival at Kathmandu international airport and picked up by our office representative and brought to hotel
Day 2: A short briefing about the Everest high three passes trekking and trekking gears. Trekking preparation
Day 3: Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla (2,840m) and trek to Phakding (2,800m)
Day 4: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3,440m)
Day 5: Trek to Syangboche, rest/acclimatization and Back to Namche Bazaar
Day 6: Trek to Tengboche (3,860m)
Day 7: Trek to Dingboche (4,350m)
Day 8: Trek to Amadablam Base Camp for acclimatization & back to Dingboche
Day 9: Trek to Chhukung (4,743m)
Day 10: Trek to Khangmala Base Camp (5,000m)
Day 11: Trek over Khangmala Pass (5,535m) to Lobuche (4,930m)
Day 12: Trek to Everest Base Camp (5,364m) and back to Gorekshep (5,170m)
Day 13: Trek to Kalapattar (5,545m) & trek back to Dzongla
Day 14: Trek over Chola Pass (5,420m) trek to Dragnag
Day 15: Trek to Gokyo (4,750m)
Day 16: Trek to Gokyo Peak and Back to Gokyo
Day 17: Trek over Renjo La Pass (5,338m) & trek to Arye
Day 18: Trek to Glacier
Day 19: Trek to Thame (3,800m)
Day 20: Trek to Monjo (2,840m)
Day 21: Trek to Lukla
Day 22: Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu. Rest/free day
Day 23: Full day sightseeing in Kathmandu valley with our guide in a private coach. Shopping can be arranged upon the request. Farewell dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant with Nepali music and dance
Day 24: Drive to airport with our representative and fly back to selected destination
Please ask us
Area: Everest Trekking
Activities: Trekking and sightseeing
Accommodation: Tented Camp
Starting and ending points: Lukla/Lukla
Maximum altitude: 5,545m
Duration of the trip: 24 days
Group size: 1 - 12 pax
Best season: February - May and September - December
Trip Cost: please ask us
- Pick up and drop transport as mentioned in the itinerary
- Accommodation and three meals per day in Kathmandu and during the trekking
- Trekking guide and porters (Cook and sardar in the case of camping trek)
- National parks’ fees and government royalties
- Domestic air ticket and airport tax for tourists and guides as mentioned in the itinerary
- Insurance of our trekking staff members
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley or other parts of Nepal as mentioned in the itinerary
- International air ticket, airport tax and Nepal visa fees
- All kinds of drink during trekking and travel stay with us
- Travel insurance and the cost of medical services of tourists
- All kinds of cloth and personal trekking equipment
- Other personal expenses and tips
- Charted helicopter, plane and other transports in case of emergency
- Backpack (50 liters) with outside pockets to keep smaller items
- Trekking boots, well broken in and waterproofed. Gaiters to keep snow out of boots
- Woolen sweaters and down jacket, gloves, wind proof outer garments, pants jacket, skirts, T-shirts, shirts, baggy pants and underwear
- Several pairs of woolen and few pairs of nylon socks. A pair of sandals
- Sleeping bag adequate for temperatures encountered
- Hat with wide brim and sun lotion cream
- One liter water bottle and some food for contingencies
- Repair and medical kit
- Head lamp with spare lithium batteries and bulbs
- Handkerchief and toiletries
- Verified phone number of your Embassy, consulate ,trekking agency and private phone number of your director
- Pen, pencils and letterhead to write an emergency message
- Pocket knife with opener and scissors
- Sunglasses with spare eyeglasses or contact lenses if you wear them
- Umbrella and rain coat
Important Information Before Your Trip to Nepal
Payment: Down payment: 15% of total payment is required to confirm the reservation.
Payment of the Balance: Rest amount can be paid in our office after your arrival.
Arrival Point: You will be met at the Kathmandu international airport. Our office representative will be waiting for you holding play card of the Nepal Mountain Lovers Treks and Expedition. In case of your change plan, please let us inform.
Booking Air Ticket: If you don't have regular travel agent, please visit makemytrip.com, www.kayak.com, www.vayama.com. They offer you very good price.
Room System: Normally we have two people in a room. Twin bed or single bed depends on the choice of guests and budget. If tourists want single room, s/he should pay single supplementary.
Trekking Leading Person: Our trekking guide will lead the whole trip with his/her helpers and porters.
Currencies: USD, AUD, EURO are major acceptable currencies in Nepal and visa and credit cards also accepted. There is ATM facility in city area.
Altitude Sickness: Altitude sickness will start from 3000 meter height. Trekkers should immediately inform trekking guide if faced any problems.
Drinking Water: We can get mineral water and boiled water in city area and in some trekking places. We use water purification tablet or liquid in some remote trekking sites.
Laundry Facility: Laundry facility are available in city area but not during the trekking.
Visa: You can get arrival visa at Kathmandu airport that cost 25 USD for 15 days and 40 USD for 30 days. Please bring 2 passport size photos. You can get your visa from the closest Nepali embassy.
Orientation Program: Before starting trekking, trekkers are provided with an orientation by our office representative or trekking guide about the necessary trekking information.
Group Size: There will be maximum 12 persons in one group.
Accommodation: You will stay in a nice tourist standard hotel/resort in city areas. Normal hotels or tents are available during the trekking.
Foods: We provide breakfast, lunch, dinner. Tourists can get continental food both in city and trekking places. Food during the trekking might not meet the standard of your country.
View of Mount Everest: Trekkers to Everest region will of course see the Mount Everest. For trekkers visiting other regions where they cannot view Mount Everest, there are daily mountain flights which approach close to Mount Everest.
Travel Insurance: It is compulsory to have travel insurance.
Personal Expenses: It depends on your spending interest and shopping. There are some expensive handmade carpets, Thanka paintings, jewelries and handicrafts to purchase in Nepal.
Luggage: We take only about 10kg per person in trekking. Your excess baggage will be stored in a hotel.
Tips: Tips are highly accepted and appreciated.
Rules and Regulation
Nepal Mountain Lovers Treks and Expedition accepts your reservation under the following rules and regulations.
1. If the balance payment is not paid before your departure for trekking, the booking will be cancelled without any refund.
2. If there is war or the situation of the country is out of control and the country faces emergency situation before your arrival to Nepal, we inform you not to come Nepal and refund your payment. But in case of any emergency situation or war after your arrival or during the trekking, we will not refund your money. But we will try our best to make your trip successful and pleasant. In such situation, we may need to change the trip plan and itinerary.
3. In case of increase in government royalty and other costs such as the national park fee, you have to pay extra money.
4. If you commit any illegal act or disturbance for the safety and welfare of the group, our leader or guide can ask to leave the group without any right to refund.
5. If you have any complain with regards to trekking and tour please inform our tour leader or company. All kinds of valid complain are welcomed and processed with necessary actions.
6.You are responsible to ensure that all travel documents are with you during the entire trip.