Everest Panorama Trek
Everest panorama trek is a short trek with the wonderful views of the Mt.Everest, Lotse, Ama Dablam and many other snow peaks. We trek until Syanboche where we get the Syanboche airport, the highest airport in the world. From Syanboche we can observe the beautiful views of Khumjung and Khunde village. Khumjung (3,780m) is the largest village in Khumbu that presents you wonderful mountain views. The original Hillary school, established by Sir Edmund Hillary in 1961, is in the middle of Khumjung. There is a impressive Gompa in Khumjung village from where we can view Ama Dablam, the rocky pyramid of Thamserku and crags of Khumbila.
The Khunde village (3,840m) is famous for Khunde Chamkang, a Buddhist temple. Inside the temple is a statue of thousand-armed Avalokitesvara, the Tibetan god of compassion, who is represented on earth by Dalai Lama. The popular Namche Bazzar, the capital city of the Sherpas, is also a main attraction of this trek. The 'Saturday Market' at the bottom of Namche is interesting for tourists to get a chance to socialize and shopping.
- Outline Itinerary
- Detail Itinerary
- Trip Facts & Map
- Trip Cost Details
- Useful Information
Everest Panorama Trek Itinerary
01 Day: Pick up from the international airport and transfer to the hotel
02 Day: Rest and trekking preparation
03 Day: Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla (2,800m) and start trekking and stay overnight at Monjo(2,840m)
04 Day: Trek from Monjo to Namche (3,420m)
05 Day: About one hour walk up to syanboche (3,790m) and have tea with beautiful view of Mt. Everest and back down to hotel. Trek down to Lukla
06 Day: Fly back from Lukla to Kathmandu and rest. Farewell dinner
07 Day: Drive to international airport and fly to onward destination
Day 01: Arrival at the Kathmandu international airport. You will be picked up by our office representative and transfer to the hotel.
Day 02: A 35-minute flight from Kathmandu to Lukla (2,700m). Take breakfast in the nice restaurant with beautiful views of surrounding mountains. Then a five-hour trek to Monjo (2600m) starts from Lukla. The trail is almost flat and little up and down. On the way, you will see complex of ‘mani walls’ and ‘chortens’ and brightly painted ‘prayer wheels’. Overnight stay at the hotel in Monjo located at the bank of Dudh Koshi River.
Day 03: You will enjoy your breakfast with wonderful surrounding greenery. At 7am, our trekking starts to Namche Bazaar (3450m). We walk about a one-hour through flat trail and three hours uphill trail to Namche Bazaar.
Day 04: After breakfast, five hours trek to Phortse.Phortse is the village of the Sherpa settlements. There are 80 houses with one beautiful Monastry. Some time people could see snow leapord.
Day 05: After breakfast, trek back to Khumjung. Khumjung is the beautiful Sherpa village with Kunde monastery. Where tourists could view the scalp of Yeti. Keep walking continue till lukla. All together it will take 8 hours to lukla.
Day 06: Fly back to Kathmandu and farewell dinner with Nepali cultural program.
Day 07: Drop off at the airport and departure for selected destination
Area: Everest National park
Activities: Trekking and sightseeing
Starting and ending points: Lukla/Lukla
Maximum altitude: 3,790m
Duration of the trip: 7 Days
Duration of trek: 4 Days
Group size: 1 - 12 packs
Best season: September -December and February-June
Trip Cost: Starts from USD 1030.00
Trip cost: USD 1030. 00/ per person
- Pick up and drop transport as mentioned in the itinerary
- Accommodation and three meals per day in Kathmandu and during the trekking
- Trekking guide and porters
- National parks’ fees and government royalties
- Domestic air ticket and airport tax for tourists and guides as mentioned in the itinerary
- Insurance of our trekking staff members
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley or other parts of Nepal as mentioned in the itinerary
- International air ticket, airport tax and Nepal visa fees
- All kinds of drink during trekking and travel stay with us
- Travel insurance and cost of medical services of tourists
- All kinds of cloth and personal trekking equipment
- Other personal expenses and tips
- Charted helicopter, plane and other transports in case of emergency
- Backpack (50 liters) with outside pockets to keep smaller items
- Trekking boots, well broken in and waterproofed. Gaiters to keep snow out of boots
- Woolen sweaters and down jacket, gloves, wind proof outer garments, pants jacket, skirts, T-shirts, shirts, baggy pants and underwear
- Several pairs of woolen and few pairs of nylon socks. A pair of sandals
- Sleeping bag adequate for temperatures encountered
- Hat with wide brim and sun lotion cream
- One liter water bottle and some food for contingencies
- Repair and medical kit
- Head lamp with spare lithium batteries and bulbs
- Handkerchief and toiletries
- Verified phone number of your Embassy, consulate ,trekking agency and private phone number of your director
- Pen, pencils and letterhead to write an emergency message
- Pocket knife with opener and scissors
- Sunglasses with spare eyeglasses or contact lenses if you wear them
- Umbrella and rain coat
Important Information Before Your Trip to Nepal
Payment: Down payment: 15% of total payment is required to confirm the reservation.
Payment of the Balance: Rest amount can be paid in our office after your arrival.
Arrival Point: You will be met at the Kathmandu international airport. Our office representative will be waiting for you holding play card of the Nepal Mountain Lovers Treks and Expedition. In case of your change plan, please let us inform.
Booking Air Ticket: If you don't have regular travel agent, please visit makemytrip.com, www.kayak.com, www.vayama.com. They offer you very good price.
Room System: Normally we have two people in a room. Twin bed or single bed depends on the choice of guests and budget. If tourists want single room, s/he should pay single supplementary.
Trekking Leading Person: Our trekking guide will lead the whole trip with his/her helpers and porters.
Currencies: USD, AUD, EURO are major acceptable currencies in Nepal and visa and credit cards also accepted. There is ATM facility in city area.
Altitude Sickness: Altitude sickness will start from 3000 meter height. Trekkers should immediately inform trekking guide if faced any problems.
Drinking Water: We can get mineral water and boiled water in city area and in some trekking places. We use water purification tablet or liquid in some remote trekking sites.
Laundry Facility: Laundry facility are available in city area but not during the trekking.
Visa: You can get arrival visa at Kathmandu airport that cost 25 USD for 15 days and 40 USD for 30 days. Please bring 2 passport size photos. You can get your visa from the closest Nepali embassy.
Orientation Program: Before starting trekking, trekkers are provided with an orientation by our office representative or trekking guide about the necessary trekking information.
Group Size: There will be maximum 12 persons in one group.
Accommodation: You will stay in a nice tourist standard hotel/resort in city areas. Normal hotels or tents are available during the trekking.
Foods: We provide breakfast, lunch, dinner. Tourists can get continental food both in city and trekking places. Food during the trekking might not meet the standard of your country.
View of Mount Everest: Trekkers to Everest region will of course see the Mount Everest. For trekkers visiting other regions where they cannot view Mount Everest, there are daily mountain flights which approach close to Mount Everest.
Travel Insurance: It is compulsory to have travel insurance.
Personal Expenses: It depends on your spending interest and shopping. There are some expensive handmade carpets, Thanka paintings, jewelries and handicrafts to purchase in Nepal.
Luggage: We take only about 10kg per person in trekking. Your excess baggage will be stored in a hotel.
Tips: Tips are highly accepted and appreciated.
Rules and Regulation
Nepal Mountain Lovers Treks and Expedition accepts your reservation under the following rules and regulations.
1. If the balance payment is not paid before your departure for trekking, the booking will be cancelled without any refund.
2. If there is war or the situation of the country is out of control and the country faces emergency situation before your arrival to Nepal, we inform you not to come Nepal and refund your payment. But in case of any emergency situation or war after your arrival or during the trekking, we will not refund your money. But we will try our best to make your trip successful and pleasant. In such situation, we may need to change the trip plan and itinerary.
3. In case of increase in government royalty and other costs such as the national park fee, you have to pay extra money.
4. If you commit any illegal act or disturbance for the safety and welfare of the group, our leader or guide can ask to leave the group without any right to refund.
5. If you have any complain with regards to trekking and tour please inform our tour leader or company. All kinds of valid complain are welcomed and processed with necessary actions.
6.You are responsible to ensure that all travel documents are with you during the entire trip.