Everest Short Trek
Everest short trek is a cultural trek that offers the unique culture and life of Sherpa indigenous peoples and spectacular view of the Mt. Everest and other hundreds of Himalayas.
In Everest short trek, we walk from Lukla to Phortse and trek back to Lukla. Phortse is a settlement of Sherpas with about 80 households. Tourists experience the mountain life of Sherpa people. The lush Phortse village is surrounded by Juniper and birch trees that shelter endangered animals like musk deer, bear, Himalayan thar and verities of pheasant and peacock. The rare snow leopard found in the mountains are also reported to be seen here.
For a short experince on the Everest region and life of Sherpa people, this is a best trek.
- Outline Itinerary
- Detail Itinerary
- Trip Facts & Map
- Trip Cost Details
- Useful Information
Everest Short Trek Itinerary
01 Day- Pick up from international airport and transfer to hotel
02 Day- Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla (2,700m) -breakfast. Trek to Phakding (2,600m)
03 Day- Trek to Namche (3,450m)
04 Day- Trek to Phortse (3,810m)
05 Day- Trek to Lukla
06 Day- Fly back to Kathmandu. Farewell dinner with Nepali cultural program
07 Day- Drive to international airport and fly back to selected destination
Note: everyday trek starts after the breakfast. There will be a lunch break on the way to trek.
Detail Itinerary of everest short trek
Day 01: Arrival at the Kathmandu international airport. You will be picked up by our office representative and transferd to the hotel
Day 02: A 35-minute flight from Kathmandu to Lukla (2,700m). Take breakfast in the nice restaurant in Lukla with beautiful views of surrounding mountains. About 4hrs trek to Phakding (2,600m) starts from Lukla. The trail is almost flat and little up and down. On the way, you will see complex of ‘mani walls’ and ‘chortens’ and brightly painted ‘prayer wheels’. Overnight stay at the hotel in Monjo located at the bank of Dudh Koshi River
Day 03: You will enjoy your breakfast with wonderful surrounding greenery. At 7am, about 4hrs trekking starts to Namche Bazaar (3,450m). We walk about a one hour through flat trail and three hours uphill trail to Namche Bazaar
Day 04: After breakfast, 5hrs trek to Phortse (3,180m).Phortse is the village of the Sherpa settlements. There are 80 houses with one beautiful Monastry. Some time people could see snow leapord
Day 05: After breakfast, trek back to Khumjung, the beautiful Sherpa village with Kunde monastery, where tourists could view the scalp of Yeti. Keep walking continue till Lukla. All together it will take 8hrs to Lukla
Day 06: Fly back to Kathmandu and farewell dinner with Nepali cultural program
Day 07: Drop off at the airport and departure for selected destination
Area: Everest National park
Activities: Trekking and sightseeing
Starting and ending points: Lukla / Lukla
Maximum altitude: 3,810m
Duration of the trip: 7 days
Group size: 1 - 12 packs
Best season: October - December and March - May
Trip Cost: starts from USD 1030.00
- Pick up and drop transport as mentioned in the itinerary
- Accommodation and breakfast in Kathmandu
- Breakfast with tea/coffee, lunch and dinner during the trek
- Trekking guide and porters
- National parks’ fees and government royalties
- TIMS Card
- Sleeping bag
- Dawn jacket
- Domestic air ticket and airport tax for tourists and guides as mentioned in the itinerary
- Insurance of our trekking staff members
- Trekking and sightseeing as mentioned in the itinerary
- Nepal Mountain Lovers' T-short
- Farewell dinner
- International air ticket, airport tax and Nepal visa fees
- All kinds of drink during trekking and travel stay with us
- Travel insurance and cost of medical services of tourists
- All kinds of cloth and personal trekking equipment
- Other personal expenses and tips
- Charted helicopter, plane and other transports in case of emergency
- Backpack (50 liters) with outside pockets to keep smaller items
- Trekking boots, well broken in and waterproofed. Gaiters to keep snow out of boots
- Woolen sweaters and down jacket, gloves, wind proof outer garments, pants jacket, skirts, T-shirts, shirts, baggy pants and underwear
- Several pairs of woolen and few pairs of nylon socks. A pair of sandals
- Sleeping bag adequate for temperatures encountered
- Hat with wide brim and sun lotion cream
- One liter water bottle and some food for contingencies
- Repair and medical kit
- Head lamp with spare lithium batteries and bulbs
- Handkerchief and toiletries
- Verified phone number of your Embassy, consulate ,trekking agency and private phone number of your director
- Pen, pencils and letterhead to write an emergency message
- Pocket knife with opener and scissors
- Sunglasses with spare eyeglasses or contact lenses if you wear them
- Umbrella and rain coat
Important Information Before Your Trip to Nepal
Payment: Down payment: 15% of total payment is required to confirm the reservation.
Payment of the Balance: Rest amount can be paid in our office after your arrival.
Arrival Point: You will be met at the Kathmandu international airport. Our office representative will be waiting for you holding play card of the Nepal Mountain Lovers Treks and Expedition. In case of your change plan, please let us inform.
Booking Air Ticket: If you don't have regular travel agent, please visit makemytrip.com, www.kayak.com, www.vayama.com. They offer you very good price.
Room System: Normally we have two people in a room. Twin bed or single bed depends on the choice of guests and budget. If tourists want single room, s/he should pay single supplementary.
Trekking Leading Person: Our trekking guide will lead the whole trip with his/her helpers and porters.
Currencies: USD, AUD, EURO are major acceptable currencies in Nepal and visa and credit cards also accepted. There is ATM facility in city area.
Altitude Sickness: Altitude sickness will start from 3000 meter height. Trekkers should immediately inform trekking guide if faced any problems.
Drinking Water: We can get mineral water and boiled water in city area and in some trekking places. We use water purification tablet or liquid in some remote trekking sites.
Laundry Facility: Laundry facility are available in city area but not during the trekking.
Visa: You can get arrival visa at Kathmandu airport that cost 25 USD for 15 days and 40 USD for 30 days. Please bring 2 passport size photos. You can get your visa from the closest Nepali embassy.
Orientation Program: Before starting trekking, trekkers are provided with an orientation by our office representative or trekking guide about the necessary trekking information.
Group Size: There will be maximum 12 persons in one group.
Accommodation: You will stay in a nice tourist standard hotel/resort in city areas. Normal hotels or tents are available during the trekking.
Foods: We provide breakfast, lunch, dinner. Tourists can get continental food both in city and trekking places. Food during the trekking might not meet the standard of your country.
View of Mount Everest: Trekkers to Everest region will of course see the Mount Everest. For trekkers visiting other regions where they cannot view Mount Everest, there are daily mountain flights which approach close to Mount Everest.
Travel Insurance: It is compulsory to have travel insurance.
Personal Expenses: It depends on your spending interest and shopping. There are some expensive handmade carpets, Thanka paintings, jewelries and handicrafts to purchase in Nepal.
Luggage: We take only about 10kg per person in trekking. Your excess baggage will be stored in a hotel.
Tips: Tips are highly accepted and appreciated.
Rules and Regulation
Nepal Mountain Lovers Treks and Expedition accepts your reservation under the following rules and regulations.
1. If the balance payment is not paid before your departure for trekking, the booking will be cancelled without any refund.
2. If there is war or the situation of the country is out of control and the country faces emergency situation before your arrival to Nepal, we inform you not to come Nepal and refund your payment. But in case of any emergency situation or war after your arrival or during the trekking, we will not refund your money. But we will try our best to make your trip successful and pleasant. In such situation, we may need to change the trip plan and itinerary.
3. In case of increase in government royalty and other costs such as the national park fee, you have to pay extra money.
4. If you commit any illegal act or disturbance for the safety and welfare of the group, our leader or guide can ask to leave the group without any right to refund.
5. If you have any complain with regards to trekking and tour please inform our tour leader or company. All kinds of valid complain are welcomed and processed with necessary actions.
6.You are responsible to ensure that all travel documents are with you during the entire trip.