Gorilla trekking is a newly opened trekking route in Nepal that starts from Beni Bazar and ends at Sulichour, Rolpa district. Gorilla trekking trail was named after the 10 years civil war in Nepal led by the Maoists of Nepal. During the civil war, most of the Gorillas hid in this area. Therefore, the trekking experts and tour operaters in Nepal decided to name this trek as Gorilla trekking. The civil war started on 13 February 1996 and ended with the Comprehensive Peace Accord signed on 21 November 2006 by the political parties in Nepal, including the Maoists. Reportedly, more than 15000 Nepali people were killed during the 10-year Armed Conflict in Nepal. About 4500 Nepali people were killed by the Maoists and 8200 were killed by the government.
On the way to trekking, we can visit many typical Nepal villages hugely victimized by the war. Gorilla trekking offers the wide range of multiethnic groups with diverse culture, historical sentiments of war and local cultivation with beautiful landscapes. Cultural folk music and songs are very popular in this area. The amazing views of Dhaulagiri range and Saipal Himalayan are wonderful. This is a camping trek because there are no hotels available in this trail.
- Outline Itinerary
- Detail Itinerary
- Trip Facts & Map
- Trip Cost Details
- Useful Information
Gorilla Trekking Itinerary
01 Day: Pick up from the airport and drop to hotel
02 Day: Drive 8 hours to Beni (830 meters)
03 Day: Drive 3 hours on a gravel road and 3 hours walk to Takam (1665 meters)
04 Day: About 6 hours trek to Lamsung (2250 meters)
05 Day: About 7 hours trek to Guriaghat (3020 meters)
06 Day: About 5 hours trek Dhorpatan (2860 meters)
07 Day: About 5 hours trek to Nisi Dhor
08 Day: About 7 hours trek to Tallo Sera
09 Day: About 6 hours trek to Rujhi Khola
10 Day: About 5 hours trek to Thabang
11 Day: About 6 hours trek to Jaljale
12 Day: About 7 hours trek to Jelbang
13 Day: About 7 hours trek to Sulichaour
14 Day: About 13 hours drive to Kathmandu
15 Day: Free time in Kathmandu
16 day: Drive to airport and fly back
Note: Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley with our tour guide can be arranged upon the request of the trekkers
Day 01: Arrival
Trip Cost: starts fromUSD 1445.00
Trip cost: USD 1445.00/ per person(minimum 2 pax)
- Pick up and drop transport as mentioned in the itinerary
- Accommodation and three meals per day in Kathmandu and during the trekking
- Trekking guide and porters (Cook and sardar in the case of camping trek)
- National parks’ fees and government royalties
- Domestic air ticket and airport tax for tourists and guides as mentioned in the itinerary
- Insurance of our trekking staff members
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley or other parts of Nepal as mentioned in the itinerary
- International air ticket, airport tax and Nepal visa fees
- All kinds of drink during trekking and travel stay with us
- Travel insurance and cost of medical services of tourists
- All kinds of cloth and personal trekking equipment
- Other personal expenses and tips
- Charted helicopter, plane and other transports in case of emergency
- Backpack (50 liters) with outside pockets to keep smaller items
- Trekking boots, well broken in and waterproofed. Gaiters to keep snow out of boots
- Woolen sweaters and down jacket, gloves, wind proof outer garments, pants jacket, skirts, T-shirts, shirts, baggy pants and underwear
- Several pairs of woolen and few pairs of nylon socks. A pair of sandals
- Sleeping bag adequate for temperatures encountered
- Hat with wide brim and sun lotion cream
- One liter water bottle and some food for contingencies
- Repair and medical kit
- Head lamp with spare lithium batteries and bulbs
- Handkerchief and toiletries
- Verified phone number of your Embassy, consulate ,trekking agency and private phone number of your director
- Pen, pencils and letterhead to write an emergency message
- Pocket knife with opener and scissors
- Sunglasses with spare eyeglasses or contact lenses if you wear them
- Umbrella and rain coat
Important Information Before Your Trip to Nepal
Payment: Down payment: 15% of total payment is required to confirm the reservation.
Payment of the Balance: Rest amount can be paid in our office after your arrival.
Arrival Point: You will be met at the Kathmandu international airport. Our office representative will be waiting for you holding play card of the Nepal Mountain Lovers Treks and Expedition. In case of your change plan, please let us inform.
Booking Air Ticket: If you don't have regular travel agent, please visit makemytrip.com, www.kayak.com, www.vayama.com. They offer you very good price.
Room System: Normally we have two people in a room. Twin bed or single bed depends on the choice of guests and budget. If tourists want single room, s/he should pay single supplementary.
Trekking Leading Person: Our trekking guide will lead the whole trip with his/her helpers and porters.
Currencies: USD, AUD, EURO are major acceptable currencies in Nepal and visa and credit cards also accepted. There is ATM facility in city area.
Altitude Sickness: Altitude sickness will start from 3000 meter height. Trekkers should immediately inform trekking guide if faced any problems.
Drinking Water: We can get mineral water and boiled water in city area and in some trekking places. We use water purification tablet or liquid in some remote trekking sites.
Laundry Facility: Laundry facility are available in city area but not during the trekking.
Visa: You can get arrival visa at Kathmandu airport that cost 25 USD for 15 days and 40 USD for 30 days. Please bring 2 passport size photos. You can get your visa from the closest Nepali embassy.
Orientation Program: Before starting trekking, trekkers are provided with an orientation by our office representative or trekking guide about the necessary trekking information.
Group Size: There will be maximum 12 persons in one group.
Accommodation: You will stay in a nice tourist standard hotel/resort in city areas. Normal hotels or tents are available during the trekking.
Foods: We provide breakfast, lunch, dinner. Tourists can get continental food both in city and trekking places. Food during the trekking might not meet the standard of your country.
View of Mount Everest: Trekkers to Everest region will of course see the Mount Everest. For trekkers visiting other regions where they cannot view Mount Everest, there are daily mountain flights which approach close to Mount Everest.
Travel Insurance: It is compulsory to have travel insurance.
Personal Expenses: It depends on your spending interest and shopping. There are some expensive handmade carpets, Thanka paintings, jewelries and handicrafts to purchase in Nepal.
Luggage: We take only about 10kg per person in trekking. Your excess baggage will be stored in a hotel.
Tips: Tips are highly accepted and appreciated.
Rules and Regulation
Nepal Mountain Lovers Treks and Expedition accepts your reservation under the following rules and regulations.
1. If the balance payment is not paid before your departure for trekking, the booking will be cancelled without any refund.
2. If there is war or the situation of the country is out of control and the country faces emergency situation before your arrival to Nepal, we inform you not to come Nepal and refund your payment. But in case of any emergency situation or war after your arrival or during the trekking, we will not refund your money. But we will try our best to make your trip successful and pleasant. In such situation, we may need to change the trip plan and itinerary.
3. In case of increase in government royalty and other costs such as the national park fee, you have to pay extra money.
4. If you commit any illegal act or disturbance for the safety and welfare of the group, our leader or guide can ask to leave the group without any right to refund.
5. If you have any complain with regards to trekking and tour please inform our tour leader or company. All kinds of valid complain are welcomed and processed with necessary actions.
6.You are responsible to ensure that all travel documents are with you during the entire trip.