Helambu-Langtang trekking is one of the most popular treks in Langtang area. Helambu-Langtang trek can be started from Kathmandu Valley. Helambu-Langtang trek provides tourists with an opportunity to view almost all Himalayan mountain range in Nepal, from Annapurna to the west and Makalu to the east. Tourists extrimly enjoy Helambu trekking as it is less crowed and quiet area compared to other trekking areas in Nepal.
Helambu-Langtang trekking is fairly easier as the elevations are lower ranging between 800m -3600m. This trek offers tremendous views of Langtang and Annapurna Himal. On a clear day, the Mount Everest also can be viewed. Helambu-Langtang trek passes through beautiful forests and very interesting villages. This is a trekking area with beautiful scenery, pleasant climate and a long history of Buddhism.
Helambu-langtang is perfect trekking area for tourists, keen to know about the real life, tradition and culture of Tamang indigenous peoples in Nepal, mostly at the edge of Melamchi Khola (river). This is an area resided also by Sherpa indigenous people who are different from Sherpa of Mount Everest area in terms of their language and customs.
Trekkers need not to be worried about the high altitude sickness in this trek as we reach up to 3,150m height maximum.
- Outline Itinerary
- Detail Itinerary
- Trip Facts & Map
- Trip Cost Details
- Useful Information
Helambu-Langtang Trekking Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival at the Kathmandu airport and transfer to the hotel
Day 02: Full day valley sightseeing tour and trekking preparation
Day 03: Drive to Sundarijal (1,600m) and trek to Chisapani (2,200m)
Day 04: Trek to Gul Bhanjyang (2,150m)
Day 05: Trek to Magangot (3,150m)
Day 06: Trek to Melamche Gaun (2,600m)
Day 07: Trek to Tarkeghayang (2,560m)
Day 08: Trek to Shermathang (2,500m)
Day 09: Trek to Melamchepul Bazaar (8,28m)
Day 10: Drive back to Kathmandu and overnight at hotel
Day 11: Free day in Kathmandu and farewell dinner with Nepali cultural program
Day 12: Drop off at the airport and departure for selected destination
Please ask us
Area: Lang Tang
Activities: Trekking and sightseeing
Starting and ending points: Sundarijal / Melamche Bajar
Maximum altitude: 3,150m
Duration of the trip: 12 Days
Group size: 1 - 12 packs
Best season: Whole year
Trip Cost: cost starts from USD 624 per person (for minimum 2pax)
- Pick up and drop transport as mentioned in the itinerary
- Accommodation and breakfast in Kathmandu
- Accomodation, breakfast, lunch & dinner during the trekking
- English speaking trekking guide
- National parks’ fees and government royalties
- TIMS Card
- Insurance of our trekking staff members
- Dawn Jacket
- Sleeping bag
- Nepal Mountain Lovers' T-shirt
- First Aid Kit
- Sightseeing in kathmandu and entrance fee
- Farewell dinner with Nepali cultural program
- International air ticket, airport tax and Nepal visa fees
- All kinds of drink during trekking and travel stay with us
- Travel insurance and the cost of medical services of tourists
- All kinds of cloth and personal trekking equipment
- Other personal expenses and tips
- Charted helicopter, plane and other transports in case of emergency
- Backpack (50 liters) with outside pockets to keep smaller items
- Trekking boots, well broken in and waterproofed. Gaiters to keep snow out of boots
- Woolen sweaters and down jacket, gloves, wind proof outer garments, pants jacket, skirts, T-shirts, shirts, baggy pants and underwear
- Several pairs of woolen and few pairs of nylon socks. A pair of sandals
- Sleeping bag adequate for temperatures encountered
- Hat with wide brim and sun lotion cream
- One liter water bottle and some food for contingencies
- Repair and medical kit
- Head lamp with spare lithium batteries and bulbs
- Handkerchief and toiletries
- Verified phone number of your Embassy, consulate ,trekking agency and private phone number of your director
- Pen, pencils and letterhead to write an emergency message
- Pocket knife with opener and scissors
- Sunglasses with spare eyeglasses or contact lenses if you wear them
- Umbrella and rain coat
Important Information Before Your Trip to Nepal
Payment: Down payment: 15% of total payment is required to confirm the reservation.
Payment of the Balance: Rest amount can be paid in our office after your arrival.
Arrival Point: You will be met at the Kathmandu international airport. Our office representative will be waiting for you holding play card of the Nepal Mountain Lovers Treks and Expedition. In case of your change plan, please let us inform.
Booking Air Ticket: If you don't have regular travel agent, please visit makemytrip.com, www.kayak.com, www.vayama.com. They offer you very good price.
Room System: Normally we have two people in a room. Twin bed or single bed depends on the choice of guests and budget. If tourists want single room, s/he should pay single supplementary.
Trekking Leading Person: Our trekking guide will lead the whole trip with his/her helpers and porters.
Currencies: USD, AUD, EURO are major acceptable currencies in Nepal and visa and credit cards also accepted. There is ATM facility in city area.
Altitude Sickness: Altitude sickness will start from 3000 meter height. Trekkers should immediately inform trekking guide if faced any problems.
Drinking Water: We can get mineral water and boiled water in city area and in some trekking places. We use water purification tablet or liquid in some remote trekking sites.
Laundry Facility: Laundry facility are available in city area but not during the trekking.
Visa: You can get arrival visa at Kathmandu airport that cost 25 USD for 15 days and 40 USD for 30 days. Please bring 2 passport size photos. You can get your visa from the closest Nepali embassy.
Orientation Program: Before starting trekking, trekkers are provided with an orientation by our office representative or trekking guide about the necessary trekking information.
Group Size: There will be maximum 12 persons in one group.
Accommodation: You will stay in a nice tourist standard hotel/resort in city areas. Normal hotels or tents are available during the trekking.
Foods: We provide breakfast, lunch, dinner. Tourists can get continental food both in city and trekking places. Food during the trekking might not meet the standard of your country.
View of Mount Everest: Trekkers to Everest region will of course see the Mount Everest. For trekkers visiting other regions where they cannot view Mount Everest, there are daily mountain flights which approach close to Mount Everest.
Travel Insurance: It is compulsory to have travel insurance.
Personal Expenses: It depends on your spending interest and shopping. There are some expensive handmade carpets, Thanka paintings, jewelries and handicrafts to purchase in Nepal.
Luggage: We take only about 10kg per person in trekking. Your excess baggage will be stored in a hotel.
Tips: Tips are highly accepted and appreciated.
Rules and Regulation
Nepal Mountain Lovers Treks and Expedition accepts your reservation under the following rules and regulations.
1. If the balance payment is not paid before your departure for trekking, the booking will be cancelled without any refund.
2. If there is war or the situation of the country is out of control and the country faces emergency situation before your arrival to Nepal, we inform you not to come Nepal and refund your payment. But in case of any emergency situation or war after your arrival or during the trekking, we will not refund your money. But we will try our best to make your trip successful and pleasant. In such situation, we may need to change the trip plan and itinerary.
3. In case of increase in government royalty and other costs such as the national park fee, you have to pay extra money.
4. If you commit any illegal act or disturbance for the safety and welfare of the group, our leader or guide can ask to leave the group without any right to refund.
5. If you have any complain with regards to trekking and tour please inform our tour leader or company. All kinds of valid complain are welcomed and processed with necessary actions.
6.You are responsible to ensure that all travel documents are with you during the entire trip.