Himalaya hiking is a best hiking package for tourists to experience and enjoy the beauty of great Himalayas and Sherpa culture in Nepal. In Himalaya hiking, we hike to Everest region, the home of Mount Everest as well as Sherpa people. Namche, Shyangboche, Thamo and Khumjung are the main hiking sites in Himalaya hiking package. If tourists have longer time in Nepal, they can extend their hiking up to Everest Base Camp. Namche, the biggest Sherpa market in the Everest region, lies on the bottom of Shyangboche.
Shyanboche is the highest airport in the world from where we can view the Mount Everest, Lhotse and Amadablam. Khumjung is the biggest Sherpa village with beautiful Monastery where we can view the scalp of Yeti. The spectacular view of Himalaya is wonderful in Himalaya hiking.
- Outline Itinerary
- Detail Itinerary
- Trip Facts & Map
- Trip Cost Details
- Useful Information
Himalaya Hiking Itinerary
01 Day: Pick up from international airport and drop off to hotel
02 Day: Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley
03Day: Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla (2700 meter)
04 Day: Hiking from Lukla to Monjo (2600 meter)
05 Day: Hiking from Monjo to Namche Bajar (3450 meter)
06 Day: Hiking from Namche Bajar to Thame (3800 meter)
07 Day: Hiking from Thame to Syangboche (3720 meter)
08 Day: Hiking in Khumjung village and visit Monastery (3800 meter)
09 Day: Hike down to Lukla
10 Day: Fly back from Lukla to Kathmandu. Farewell dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant with Nepali culture program
11 Day: Drive to international airport and fly back to onward destination
Day 01: Arrival
Area: Everest Region
Activities: Hiking and sightseeing
Accommodation: Hotel and Resort
Starting and ending points: Lukla and Lukla
Maximum altitude: 3800 meter
Duration of the trip: 11 Days
Group size: 1- 12 packs
Best season: October-December and March- May
Trip cost: USD 00/ per person
- Backpack (50 liters) with outside pockets to keep smaller items
- Trekking boots, well broken in and waterproofed. Gaiters to keep snow out of boots
- Woolen sweaters and down jacket, gloves, wind proof outer garments, pants jacket, skirts, T-shirts, shirts, baggy pants and underwear
- Several pairs of woolen and few pairs of nylon socks. A pair of sandals
- Sleeping bag adequate for temperatures encountered
- Hat with wide brim and sun lotion cream
- One liter water bottle and some food for contingencies
- Repair and medical kit
- Head lamp with spare lithium batteries and bulbs
- Handkerchief and toiletries
- Verified phone number of your Embassy, consulate ,trekking agency and private phone number of your director
- Pen, pencils and letterhead to write an emergency message
- Pocket knife with opener and scissors
- Sunglasses with spare eyeglasses or contact lenses if you wear them
- Umbrella and rain coat
Important Information Before Your Trip to Nepal
Payment: Down payment: 15% of total payment is required to confirm the reservation.
Payment of the Balance: Rest amount can be paid in our office after your arrival.
Arrival Point: You will be met at the Kathmandu international airport. Our office representative will be waiting for you holding play card of the Nepal Mountain Lovers Treks and Expedition. In case of your change plan, please let us inform.
Booking Air Ticket: If you don't have regular travel agent, please visit makemytrip.com, www.kayak.com, www.vayama.com. They offer you very good price.
Room System: Normally we have two people in a room. Twin bed or single bed depends on the choice of guests and budget. If tourists want single room, s/he should pay single supplementary.
Trekking Leading Person: Our trekking guide will lead the whole trip with his/her helpers and porters.
Currencies: USD, AUD, EURO are major acceptable currencies in Nepal and visa and credit cards also accepted. There is ATM facility in city area.
Altitude Sickness: Altitude sickness will start from 3000 meter height. Trekkers should immediately inform trekking guide if faced any problems.
Drinking Water: We can get mineral water and boiled water in city area and in some trekking places. We use water purification tablet or liquid in some remote trekking sites.
Laundry Facility: Laundry facility are available in city area but not during the trekking.
Visa: You can get arrival visa at Kathmandu airport that cost 25 USD for 15 days and 40 USD for 30 days. Please bring 2 passport size photos. You can get your visa from the closest Nepali embassy.
Orientation Program: Before starting trekking, trekkers are provided with an orientation by our office representative or trekking guide about the necessary trekking information.
Group Size: There will be maximum 12 persons in one group.
Accommodation: You will stay in a nice tourist standard hotel/resort in city areas. Normal hotels or tents are available during the trekking.
Foods: We provide breakfast, lunch, dinner. Tourists can get continental food both in city and trekking places. Food during the trekking might not meet the standard of your country.
View of Mount Everest: Trekkers to Everest region will of course see the Mount Everest. For trekkers visiting other regions where they cannot view Mount Everest, there are daily mountain flights which approach close to Mount Everest.
Travel Insurance: It is compulsory to have travel insurance.
Personal Expenses: It depends on your spending interest and shopping. There are some expensive handmade carpets, Thanka paintings, jewelries and handicrafts to purchase in Nepal.
Luggage: We take only about 10kg per person in trekking. Your excess baggage will be stored in a hotel.
Tips: Tips are highly accepted and appreciated.
Rules and Regulation
Nepal Mountain Lovers Treks and Expedition accepts your reservation under the following rules and regulations.
1. If the balance payment is not paid before your departure for trekking, the booking will be cancelled without any refund.
2. If there is war or the situation of the country is out of control and the country faces emergency situation before your arrival to Nepal, we inform you not to come Nepal and refund your payment. But in case of any emergency situation or war after your arrival or during the trekking, we will not refund your money. But we will try our best to make your trip successful and pleasant. In such situation, we may need to change the trip plan and itinerary.
3. In case of increase in government royalty and other costs such as the national park fee, you have to pay extra money.
4. If you commit any illegal act or disturbance for the safety and welfare of the group, our leader or guide can ask to leave the group without any right to refund.
5. If you have any complain with regards to trekking and tour please inform our tour leader or company. All kinds of valid complain are welcomed and processed with necessary actions.
6.You are responsible to ensure that all travel documents are with you during the entire trip.