Hunting in Dhorpatan Tour in Nepal
Dhorpatan hunting tour is famous adventure tour in Nepal. It is the only legal hunting reserve in Nepal among many National Parks, Conservations and Reserve Areas. Dhorpatan, established in 1987, covers the area of 1,325 square km within Myagdi, Rukum and Baglung district of Nepal. Dhorpatan hunting reserve extends from the altitudes of 2,850m to 5,500m.
Dhorpatan, where only the licensed hunting is allowed, is the main habitat of Blue sheep. But other animals, including Leopard, Ghoral, Barking deer, Wild boar, Languor and Himalayan Black bear, are also found in Dhorpatan. Each year, there are limited amount of hunting operations and only certain species of animals are permitted to hunt.
One need to obtain hunting permit from the Department of National Parks and Wildlife Conservation under the government of Nepal. Hunters can set a camp within the hunting areas up to two week with the permission from the department.
In this trip, we can have the amazing view of Dhoaulagiri range, Annapurna, Fishtail and Manaslu Himal.
- Outline Itinerary
- Detail Itinerary
- Trip Facts & Map
- Trip Cost Details
- Useful Information
Hunting in Dhorpatan Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu airport and picked up by our office representative and brought to the hotel
Day 02: Half day free time –Lunch- briefing about hunting and preparation
Day 03: Drive from Kathamndu to Pokhara
Day 04: Drive to Beni-Darbang
Day 05: Trek to Dharapani
Day 06: Trek to Lamsung(2,250m)
Day 07: Trek to Tallo Jaljale (3,400m)
Day 08: Trek to Dhorpata (2,860m)
Day 09-11 Day: Hunt or wait for hunting in Dhorpatan. Our hunting assistants, normally the locals, search for animal’s habitat
Day 12: Drive to Baglung -Pokhara
Day 13: Rest/sightseeing in Pokhara
Day 14: Drive/fly back to Kathmandu
Day 15: Rest/sightseeing in Kathmandu and farewell dinner
Day 16: Drop off at the airport and departure for selected destination
Trip cost: USD 00/ per person
- Pick up and drop transport as mentioned in the itinerary
- Accommodation and three meals per day in Kathmandu and during the trekking
- Trekking guide and porters (Cook and sardar in the case of camping trek)
- National parks’ fees and government royalties
- Domestic air ticket and airport tax for tourists and guides as mentioned in the itinerary
- Insurance of our trekking staff members
- International air ticket, airport tax and Nepal visa fees
- All kinds of drink during trekking and travel with us
- Travel insurance and cost of medical services of tourists
- All kinds of cloth and personal trekking equipment
- Other personal expenses and tips
- Charted helicopter, plane and other transports in case of emergency
Important Information Before Your Trip to Nepal
Payment: Down payment: 15% of total payment is required to confirm the reservation.
Payment of the Balance: Rest amount can be paid in our office after your arrival.
Arrival Point: You will be met at the Kathmandu international airport. Our office representative will be waiting for you holding play card of the Nepal Mountain Lovers Treks and Expedition. In case of your change plan, please let us inform.
Booking Air Ticket: If you don't have regular travel agent, please visit makemytrip.com, www.kayak.com, www.vayama.com. They offer you very good price.
Room System: Normally we have two people in a room. Twin bed or single bed depends on the choice of guests and budget. If tourists want single room, s/he should pay single supplementary.
Tour Leading Person: Our tour guide will lead the whole trip with his/her helpers and porters.
Currencies: USD, AUD, EURO are major acceptable currencies in Nepal and visa and credit cards also accepted. There is ATM facility in city area.
Altitude Sickness: Altitude sickness will start from 3000 meter height. Tourists should immediately inform tour guide if faced any problems.
Drinking Water: We can get mineral water and boiled water in city area and in some touristy places. We use water purification tablet or liquid in some remote touristy sites.
Laundry Facility: Laundry facility are available in city area.
Visa: You can get arrival visa at Kathmandu airport that cost 25 USD for 15 days and 40 USD for 30 days. Please bring 2 passport size photos. You can get your visa from the closest Nepali embassy.
Orientation Program: Before starting trip, tourists are provided with an orientation by our office representative or tour guide about the necessary tour information.
Group Size: There will be maximum 12 persons in one group.
Accommodation: You will stay in a 5***** to nice tourist standard hotel/resort in city areas. Normal hotels also are available during the tour upon your desire.
Foods: We provide breakfast, lunch, dinner. Tourists can get continental food both in city and touristy areas.
View of Mount Everest: For tourists visiting other regions where they cannot view Mount Everest, there are daily mountain flights which approach close to Mount Everest.
Travel Insurance: It is compulsory to have travel insurance.
Personal Expenses: It depends on your spending interest and shopping. There are some expensive handmade carpets, Thanka paintings, jewelries and handicrafts to purchase in Nepal.
Luggage: Your excess baggage will be stored in a hotel.
Tips: Tips are highly accepted and appreciated.
Rules and Regulation
Nepal Mountain Lovers Treks and Expedition accepts your reservation under the following rules and regulations.
1. If the balance payment is not paid before your departure for trip, the booking will be cancelled without any refund.
2. If there is war or the situation of the country is out of control and the country faces emergency situation before your arrival to Nepal, we inform you not to come Nepal and refund your payment. But in case of any emergency situation or war after your arrival or during the tour, we will not refund your money. But we will try our best to make your trip successful and pleasant. In such situation, we may need to change the trip plan and itinerary.
3. In case of increase in government royalty and other costs such as the national park fee, you have to pay extra money.
4. If you commit any illegal act or disturbance for the safety and welfare of the group, our leader or guide can ask to leave the group without any right to refund.
5. If you have any complain with regards to trip, please inform our tour leader or company. All kinds of valid complain are welcomed and processed with necessary actions.
6.You are responsible to ensure that all travel documents are with you during the entire trip.