Khaptad National Park Tour
The Khaptad National Park is one of the non-touristic national parks in Nepal that is visited by very few numbers of tourists. The area of the park is 225 square km. The Khaptad National Park, one of the main attractions of Khaptad, was established in 1984 in far western region of Nepal. It is covered by beautiful oak and rhododendron forests. Bear, Leopard, commonlangur, musk deer and 260 species of birds, 500 types of herbs and a large number of flora and fauna are found in this national park situated at 12 thousand feet from the sea level.
Besides its natural diversities, the Khaptad National Park is very famous religious place as it is the domicile of Hindu guru "Khaptad Swami" or "Khaptad Baba", a renounced hermit. Khaptad Baba lived here for many years and found out many medicinal herbal plants. He meditated in Khaptad area for long time and reserved five km area for the meditation and tranquility.
Khaptad Lake and wonderful view of Api and Saipal Himal range are of special interest for the tourists.
The biggest carnival known as Ganga Dashahara Carnival gets held in Khaptad on 14 Jestha of Nepali month that falls in the last week of May. For the tourists, the carnival is a great opportunity to see far western culture and lifestyle.
Butchering, alcohol and tobacco are forbidden in his area.
March-May and October-November is pleasant season to visit Khaptad.
- Outline Itinerary
- Detail Itinerary
- Trip Facts & Map
- Trip Cost Details
- Useful Information
Khaptad National Park Trip Itinerary
01 Day: Pick up from the airport and drop off at the hotel in Kathmandu
02 Day: A short briefing about the Khaptad National Park trip. Half day sightseeing in Kathmandu. And trip preparation.
03 Day: Fly or drive from Kathmandu-Dhangadhi and stay overnight
04 Day: Drive to Jigrana (Khaptad Base Camp) and stay overnight
05 Day: Drive to Khaptad National Park and stay overnight (camping)
06 Day: Explore Khaptad National Park and stay overnight (camping)
07 Day: Drive to Silgadi and stay overnight
08 Day: Drive back to Dhangadhi and stay overnight
09 Day: Drive or fly back to Kathmandu
10 Day: Drop off at the airport and fly back home/selected destination
please ask us
Trip cost: please ask us
- Pick up and drop off transport as mentioned in the itinerary
- Accommodation and breakfast in Kathmandu
- Accommodation and three meals per day during the tour
- Tour guide, jungle guide, porters and cook and helpers (for camping )
- All kitchen and trekking equipment, including sleeping bags, mattressess and tents (for camping)
- Entrance fees and government royalties
- All kind of jungle activities as mentioned in the itinerary
- Domestic air ticket and airport tax for tourists and company team as mentioned in the itinerary
- Sightseeing as mentioned in the itinerary
- Down Jacket
- First Aid Kit
- Nepal Mountain Lovers T-shirt
- Trekking permit
- TIMS Card
- Khaptad map
- International air ticket, airport tax and Nepal visa fees
- All kinds of drink during tour and travel with us
- Travel insurance and the cost of medical services of tourists
- All kinds of cloth and personal belonging
- Other personal expenses and tips
- Charted helicopter, plane and other transports in case of emergency
Important Information Before Your Trip to Nepal
Payment: Down payment: 15% of total payment is required to confirm the reservation.
Payment of the Balance: Rest amount can be paid in our office after your arrival.
Arrival Point: You will be met at the Kathmandu international airport. Our office representative will be waiting for you holding play card of the Nepal Mountain Lovers Treks and Expedition. In case of your change plan, please let us inform.
Booking Air Ticket: If you don't have regular travel agent, please visit makemytrip.com, www.kayak.com, www.vayama.com. They offer you very good price.
Room System: Normally we have two people in a room. Twin bed or single bed depends on the choice of the guests and their budget. If tourists want single room, s/he should pay single supplementary.
Tour Leading Person: Our tour guide will lead the whole trip with his/her helpers and porters.
Currencies: USD, AUD, EURO are major acceptable currencies in Nepal and visa and credit cards also accepted. There are ATM facilities in the city area.
Drinking Water: We can get mineral water and boiled water in city and the national park areas. We use water purification tablet or liquid in some remote touristy sites.
Laundry Facility: Laundry facility are available during the tour.
Visa: You can get arrival visa at Kathmandu airport that cost 25 USD for 15 days and 40 USD for 30 days. Please bring 2 passport size photos. You can get your visa from the closest Nepali embassy.
Orientation Program: Before starting trip, tourists are provided with an orientation by our office representative or tour guide about the necessary trip information.
Group Size: There will be maximum 25 persons in one group.
Accommodation: You can stay in a 5***** to nice tourist standard hotel/resort in city areas. Normal hotels also are available upon your desire.
Foods: We provide breakfast, lunch, dinner. Tourists can get continental food during the trip.
View of Mount Everest: For tourists wishing to view Mount Everest, there are daily mountain flights which approach close to Mount Everest. Mountain flights could be taken after or before the trip to the National Park.
Travel Insurance: It is compulsory to have travel insurance.
Personal Expenses: It depends on your spending interest and shopping. There are some expensive handmade carpets, Thanka paintings, jewelries and handicrafts to purchase in Nepal.
Luggage: Your excess baggage will be stored in a hotel.
Tips: Tips are highly accepted and appreciated.
Rules and Regulation
Nepal Mountain Lovers Treks and Expedition accepts your reservation under the following rules and regulations.
1. If the balance payment is not paid before your departure for trip, the booking will be cancelled without any refund.
2. If there is war or the situation of the country is out of control and the country faces emergency situation before your arrival to Nepal, we inform you not to come Nepal and refund your payment. But in case of any emergency situation or war after your arrival or during the tour, we will not refund your money. But we will try our best to make your trip successful and pleasant. In such situation, we may need to change the trip plan and itinerary.
3. In case of increase in government royalty and other costs such as the national park fee, you have to pay extra money.
4. If you commit any illegal act or disturbance for the safety and welfare of the group, our tour leader or guide can ask to leave the group without any right to refund.
5. If you have any complain with regards to trip, please inform our tour leader or company. All kinds of valid complain are welcomed and proceeded with necessary actions.
6.You are responsible to ensure that all travel documents are with you during the entire trip.