Langtang trekking introduces an excellent trekking destination in Nepal. Close to the border of Tibet, the narrow Langtang Valley is situated on the lap of Langtang Himal, north of Kathmandu, the capital city of Nepal. The highest peak Langtang Lirung (7,246m) in the area dominates the Langtang valley.
Literally 'Langtang' is originated from two different words, 'Lang' means Yak and 'Tang' means to follow. The Langtang trek to the base of Langtang Himal offers the shortest approach to snow-white mountains from Kathmandu.
Staring from Syabru Besi, we pass through small peaks, lush green forests and the wide spread Kyangin Valley surrounded by snow peaks. The glaciers at a comfortably low elevation are amazing on the way towards the base of Langtang Himal. The Kyanjin (3,800m) provides you an opportunity to climb Kyangjin Ri (4,350m) from where the 360 degree mountain view is fantastic.
Among others, the sacred Gosaikund Lake is one of the main attractions of this trek. Thousands of Hindu and Buddhist pilgrims visit the Lake during a full moon festival in August.
The Langtang National Park, established in 1976, is Nepal’s first Himalayan National Park. It is now a protected area (1,710 square km) that conserves the unique flora and fauna and many wild animals. Tiger, wild boar, red panda, musk deer, Himalayan black bear, Himalayan Thar (wild goat) are main animals in the park.
A visit to Lantang valley is an opportunity to explore Tamang indigenous peoples and their community. The Langtang trek can be done at any time, except July and August, the monsoon in Nepal. Although, the best time to visit Langtang is spring and autumn.
- Outline Itinerary
- Detail Itinerary
- Trip Facts & Map
- Trip Cost Details
- Useful Information
Langtang Trekking Itinerary
01 Day: Arrival at the airport and transfer to hotel
02 Day: Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley and trek preparation
03 Day: Drive to Syabru Gaon (1,462m) and overnight stay
04 Day: Trek to Lama Hotel (2,500m)
05 Day: Trek to Langtang (3,100m)
06 Day: Trek to Kyangching Gompa (3,750m)
07 Day: Excursion to Tserko Ri Peak (5,033m) and overnight stay at Kyangching Gompa
08 Day: Trek to Ghora Tabela (3,050m)
09 Day: Trek to Syabru (2,200m)
10 Day: Trek to Sing Gompa (3,300m)
11 Day: Trek back to Dhunche and have Lunch. After lunch drive back to Kathmandu
12 Day: Drop off at the airport and departure for selected destination
please ask us
Area: Langtang Trekking
Activities: Trekking and sightseeing
Starting and ending points: Syabru Gaun / Sundarijal
Maximum altitude: 4,610m
Duration of the trip: 12 Days
Group size: 1 - 12 packs
Best season: Spring and Autumn
Trip Cost:cost starts from USD 824 per person (for minimum 2 pax)
- Pick up and drop transport as mentioned in the itinerary
- Accommodation and breakfast in Kathmandu
- Accomodation, breakfast, lunch & dinner during the trekking
- English speaking trekking guide
- National parks’ fees and government royalties
- TIMS Card
- Insurance of our trekking staff members
- Dawn Jacket
- Sleeping bag
- Nepal Mountain Lovers' T-shirt
- First Aid Kit
- Sightseeing in kathmandu and entrance fee
- Farewell dinner with Nepali cultural program
- International air ticket, airport tax and Nepal visa fees
- All kinds of drink during trekking and travel stay with us
- Travel insurance and the cost of medical services of tourists
- All kinds of cloth and personal trekking equipment
- Other personal expenses and tips
- Charted helicopter, plane and other transports in case of emergency
- Backpack (50 liters) with outside pockets to keep smaller items
- Trekking boots, well broken in and waterproofed. Gaiters to keep snow out of boots
- Woolen sweaters and down jacket, gloves, wind proof outer garments, pants jacket, skirts, T-shirts, shirts, baggy pants and underwear
- Several pairs of woolen and few pairs of nylon socks. A pair of sandals
- Sleeping bag adequate for temperatures encountered
- Hat with wide brim and sun lotion cream
- One liter water bottle and some food for contingencies
- Repair and medical kit
- Head lamp with spare lithium batteries and bulbs
- Handkerchief and toiletries
- Verified phone number of your Embassy, consulate ,trekking agency and private phone number of your director
- Pen, pencils and letterhead to write an emergency message
- Pocket knife with opener and scissors
- Sunglasses with spare eyeglasses or contact lenses if you wear them
- Umbrella and rain coat
Important Information Before Your Trip to Nepal
Payment: Down payment: 15% of total payment is required to confirm the reservation.
Payment of the Balance: Rest amount can be paid in our office after your arrival.
Arrival Point: You will be met at the Kathmandu international airport. Our office representative will be waiting for you holding play card of the Nepal Mountain Lovers Treks and Expedition. In case of your change plan, please let us inform.
Booking Air Ticket: If you don't have regular travel agent, please visit makemytrip.com, www.kayak.com, www.vayama.com. They offer you very good price.
Room System: Normally we have two people in a room. Twin bed or single bed depends on the choice of guests and budget. If tourists want single room, s/he should pay single supplementary.
Trekking Leading Person: Our trekking guide will lead the whole trip with his/her helpers and porters.
Currencies: USD, AUD, EURO are major acceptable currencies in Nepal and visa and credit cards also accepted. There is ATM facility in city area.
Altitude Sickness: Altitude sickness will start from 3000 meter height. Trekkers should immediately inform trekking guide if faced any problems.
Drinking Water: We can get mineral water and boiled water in city area and in some trekking places. We use water purification tablet or liquid in some remote trekking sites.
Laundry Facility: Laundry facility are available in city area but not during the trekking.
Visa: You can get arrival visa at Kathmandu airport that cost 25 USD for 15 days and 40 USD for 30 days. Please bring 2 passport size photos. You can get your visa from the closest Nepali embassy.
Orientation Program: Before starting trekking, trekkers are provided with an orientation by our office representative or trekking guide about the necessary trekking information.
Group Size: There will be maximum 12 persons in one group.
Accommodation: You will stay in a nice tourist standard hotel/resort in city areas. Normal hotels or tents are available during the trekking.
Foods: We provide breakfast, lunch, dinner. Tourists can get continental food both in city and trekking places. Food during the trekking might not meet the standard of your country.
View of Mount Everest: Trekkers to Everest region will of course see the Mount Everest. For trekkers visiting other regions where they cannot view Mount Everest, there are daily mountain flights which approach close to Mount Everest.
Travel Insurance: It is compulsory to have travel insurance.
Personal Expenses: It depends on your spending interest and shopping. There are some expensive handmade carpets, Thanka paintings, jewelries and handicrafts to purchase in Nepal.
Luggage: We take only about 10kg per person in trekking. Your excess baggage will be stored in a hotel.
Tips: Tips are highly accepted and appreciated.
Rules and Regulation
Nepal Mountain Lovers Treks and Expedition accepts your reservation under the following rules and regulations.
1. If the balance payment is not paid before your departure for trekking, the booking will be cancelled without any refund.
2. If there is war or the situation of the country is out of control and the country faces emergency situation before your arrival to Nepal, we inform you not to come Nepal and refund your payment. But in case of any emergency situation or war after your arrival or during the trekking, we will not refund your money. But we will try our best to make your trip successful and pleasant. In such situation, we may need to change the trip plan and itinerary.
3. In case of increase in government royalty and other costs such as the national park fee, you have to pay extra money.
4. If you commit any illegal act or disturbance for the safety and welfare of the group, our leader or guide can ask to leave the group without any right to refund.
5. If you have any complain with regards to trekking and tour please inform our tour leader or company. All kinds of valid complain are welcomed and processed with necessary actions.
6.You are responsible to ensure that all travel documents are with you during the entire trip.