Lower Dolpo Trekking
Lower Dolpo Trekking is another best trekking in Nepal. Lower Dolpo area, being one of the remotest and least exposed areas of Nepal, is isolated due to the difficult topography. Hence, Lower Dolpo trek still offers opportunity to meet the people and their lifestyle almost untouched and unexplored.
Visit to the Shey-Phoskindo National Park and the “Tarp Valley” are the most interesting and lively places that are enough to overwhelm visitors with the place and people completely uninfluenced by the modernization. The landscape, flora and fauna, Mountain View, rivers, water springs, flat roofed houses, chortens, monasteries and beautiful lakes are other main attraction of this trek.
This trek takes place in the north- west region of Nepal in the lower parts of Dolpo district. Lower Dolpo trekking has been exclusively designed for those trekkers who do not have much time but are willing trek in the remotest parts of Nepal.
As this trek penetrates in the lower Dolpo, it does not require any special permit and royalty. Due to global warming sometime flight are irregular. Therefore, we have to charter helicopter occasionally for this trek and we may need extra time.
In Kathmandu we provide 2 star equivalent hotel like international guest house with bed and breakfast. In trekking we sleep in Tent. There are no more tea houses in Lower Dolpo trekking.We bring all the camping gear with us including Toilet tents.
Foods and drinks
In Lower Dolpo trekking we take all kinds of food with us that is carried by our porters. We have our own cook who is expert to make all kinds of food and every day he changes menu and make ready delicious which is really appreciable. We do not recommend to eat any kinds of meat that is carried local porters from low land walking with 2-3 days. But we try to bring with us a packed meat. Some places we buy local mountain goat or Local chicken and serve the meat if tourists are interested. You can have meat as you arrive to low lands, Pokhara and Kathmandu.It is difficult to get mineral water in Lower Dolpo trekking trail. We recommend to drink boiled water or purified water. Purifying tablet is provided by our guide. Only in some places we can get cold drinks and beers. In higher elevation we do not recommend to drink hard drink.
Guide and porter
We provide English speaking guide and some guide they can speak extra language like, Chinese, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian. Extra language guide is not included in this cost. On request of guest we provide extra language guide with extra cost. Our guides and porters are very helpful, kind and dedicated on their duty. Every day they pass massage to us about the situation of the guest, weather in Trekking.
How hard is to go to Lower Dolpo trek?
Lower Dolpo trek is a hard trek due to many up and down hills as well as higher elevation though there are hundreds of beautiful breathtaking scenery. If you have good practice to walk up and down hills it is not so hard. The trekking trail pass along narrow slippery gorges road. There are many places on the way to trail which are really danger of landslides. To protect from high-altitude sickness if tourists walk slowly and steadily with many breaks on the way to trek they can acclimatize easily and the trek will be easy. If possible try to practice walking through up and down steeps, Jogging and swimming are equally helpful. Any exercise that is convenient to you and helps you to be fit is recommended.
- Outline Itinerary
- Detail Itinerary
- Trip Facts & Map
- Trip Cost Details
- Useful Information
Lower Dolpo Trekking Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival at the airport and picked up by our office representative and drop off at the hotel by private coach.
Day 02: Briefing about trekking and trekking gears for the necessary preparation.
Day 03: Fly from Kathmandu to Nepalgung. (260m)
Day 04: Fly Nepalgunj –Juphal(2,350m)(25min)Trek Juphal –Dunai(2,150m)
Day 05: Dunai –Tarakot (2,900m)
Day 06: Tarakot –Chanki (2,900m)
Day 07: Chanki –Tarap Khola (3,200m)
Day 08: Tarap Khola – Rest / Acclimatize / Explore
Day 09: Tarap Khola –Dho Tarap (4,040m)
Day 10: Dho Tarap – Numa Phedi(4,500)
Day 11: Numa Phedi – Numa Pass (5,190m) Baga Phedi (4,200m)
Day 12: Baga Phedi – Baga Pass (5,070m) Phoskundo Lake (3,600m)
Day 13: Phoskundo Rest/Explore
Day 14: Phoskundo Lake – Roha Gaun (2,944m)
Day 15: Roha Gaun – Dunai (2,150m)
Day 16: Dunai – Juphal (2,350m)
Day 17: Fly Juphal – Nepalgunj (25min)
Day 18: Fly Nepalgunj – Kathmandu
Day 19: Full day sightseeing in Kathmandu valley with our tourist guide in a private coach. Shopping souvenirs is arranged on the request of guests. Farewell dinner with Nepali cultural music and dance.
Day 20: Drop off at the airport to departure for selected destination.
Day 01: Ask us.
Area: Dolpo Trekking
Activities: Trekking and sightseeing
Accommodation: Tented camp
Starting and ending points: Juphal /Juphal
Maximum altitude: 5190 meter.
Duration of the trip: 23 days
Group size: 1 - 12 packs
Best season: April - June and September -October
Trip cost: USD 00/ per person
- Pick up and drop transport as mentioned in the itinerary
- Accommodation and breakfast in kathmandu.Three meals per day in the trekking
- Trekking guide and porters (Cook and sardar in the case of camping trek)
- National parks’ fees and government royalties
- Domestic air ticket and airport tax for tourists and guides as mentioned in the itinerary
- Insurance of our trekking staff members
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley or other parts of Nepal as mentioned in the itinerary
- International air ticket, airport tax and Nepal visa fees
- All kinds of drink during trekking and travel stay with us
- Travel insurance and cost of medical services of tourists
- All kinds of cloth and personal trekking equipment
- Other personal expenses and tips
- Charted helicopter, plane and other transports in case of emergency
- Backpack (50 liters) with outside pockets to keep smaller items
- Trekking boots, well broken in and waterproofed. Gaiters to keep snow out of boots
- Woolen sweaters and down jacket, gloves, wind proof outer garments, pants jacket, skirts, T-shirts, shirts, baggy pants and underwear
- Several pairs of woolen and few pairs of nylon socks. A pair of sandals
- Sleeping bag adequate for temperatures encountered
- Hat with wide brim and sun lotion cream
- One liter water bottle and some food for contingencies
- Repair and medical kit
- Head lamp with spare lithium batteries and bulbs
- Handkerchief and toiletries
- Verified phone number of your Embassy, consulate ,trekking agency and private phone number of your director
- Pen, pencils and letterhead to write an emergency message
- Pocket knife with opener and scissors
- Sunglasses with spare eyeglasses or contact lenses if you wear them
- Umbrella and rain coat
Important Information Before Your Trip to Nepal
Payment: Down payment: 15% of total payment is required to confirm the reservation.
Payment of the Balance: Rest amount can be paid in our office after your arrival.
Arrival Point: You will be met at the Kathmandu international airport. Our office representative will be waiting for you holding play card of the Nepal Mountain Lovers Treks and Expedition. In case of your change plan, please let us inform.
Booking Air Ticket: If you don't have regular travel agent, please visit makemytrip.com, www.kayak.com, www.vayama.com. They offer you very good price.
Room System: Normally we have two people in a room. Twin bed or single bed depends on the choice of guests and budget. If tourists want single room, s/he should pay single supplementary.
Trekking Leading Person: Our trekking guide will lead the whole trip with his/her helpers and porters.
Currencies: USD, AUD, EURO are major acceptable currencies in Nepal and visa and credit cards also accepted. There is ATM facility in city area.
Altitude Sickness: Altitude sickness will start from 3000 meter height. Trekkers should immediately inform trekking guide if faced any problems.
Drinking Water: We can get mineral water and boiled water in city area and in some trekking places. We use water purification tablet or liquid in some remote trekking sites.
Laundry Facility: Laundry facility are available in city area but not during the trekking.
Visa: You can get arrival visa at Kathmandu airport that cost 25 USD for 15 days and 40 USD for 30 days. Please bring 2 passport size photos. You can get your visa from the closest Nepali embassy.
Orientation Program: Before starting trekking, trekkers are provided with an orientation by our office representative or trekking guide about the necessary trekking information.
Group Size: There will be maximum 12 persons in one group.
Accommodation: You will stay in a nice tourist standard hotel/resort in city areas. Normal hotels or tents are available during the trekking.
Foods: We provide breakfast, lunch, dinner. Tourists can get continental food both in city and trekking places. Food during the trekking might not meet the standard of your country.
View of Mount Everest: Trekkers to Everest region will of course see the Mount Everest. For trekkers visiting other regions where they cannot view Mount Everest, there are daily mountain flights which approach close to Mount Everest.
Travel Insurance: It is compulsory to have travel insurance.
Personal Expenses: It depends on your spending interest and shopping. There are some expensive handmade carpets, Thanka paintings, jewelries and handicrafts to purchase in Nepal.
Luggage: We take only about 10kg per person in trekking. Your excess baggage will be stored in a hotel.
Tips: Tips are highly accepted and appreciated.
Rules and Regulation
Nepal Mountain Lovers Treks and Expedition accepts your reservation under the following rules and regulations.
1. If the balance payment is not paid before your departure for trekking, the booking will be cancelled without any refund.
2. If there is war or the situation of the country is out of control and the country faces emergency situation before your arrival to Nepal, we inform you not to come Nepal and refund your payment. But in case of any emergency situation or war after your arrival or during the trekking, we will not refund your money. But we will try our best to make your trip successful and pleasant. In such situation, we may need to change the trip plan and itinerary.
3. In case of increase in government royalty and other costs such as the national park fee, you have to pay extra money.
4. If you commit any illegal act or disturbance for the safety and welfare of the group, our leader or guide can ask to leave the group without any right to refund.
5. If you have any complain with regards to trekking and tour please inform our tour leader or company. All kinds of valid complain are welcomed and processed with necessary actions.
6.You are responsible to ensure that all travel documents are with you during the entire trip.