Mera Peak Climbing (6,654m)
Mera Peak, situated south-east of Mt. Everest, is the highest trekking peak in Nepal which is uninhabited area. The outstanding attraction of Mera peak trip is the wonderful walking through the Hinku valley which is the wildest and most beautiful in Nepal. Mera climbing gives a great opportunity to experience the true wilderness.
Mera Peak is one of the best view points in Nepal with incredible views of five mountains above 8,000m such as Mt. Everest and Mt. Lhotse to the north, Mt. Kanchanjunga and Mt. Makalu to the east and Mt. Cho Oyu to the west.
After 9 days trekking, started from Lukla (2,840m), we arrive to Mera La, the Base Camp of Mera Peak. From here we can go up to the summit in a day but we use the high camp to increase the chances of success. This is fully equipped camping trek that carries every needed thing from Kathmandu.
Big discount in Mera peak climbing !
Hurry up !
Cost: USD 2250.00 per person for the entire trip.
For the group:The cost will go down.
*Mera Peak climbing permit.
*One high altitude climbing and trekking leader (Sherpa guide) Licensed by Nepal Mountaineering Association (NMA).
*Group climbing equipment such as new ropes, ice screws, snow bars, Harness, carbine, eight figure etc.
*First aid medical kit, oximeter for pulse, heart rate and oxygen Saturation checkup in high altitude.
*Necessary porter for climbing part.
*High quality Tented camp accommodation for Base Camp
*Food and fuel ( full board, lunch and dinner with tea / coffee).
*All applicable taxes as per the government rules and regulations.
* Hotel in Kathmandu.
* Pick up and drop off transport from Airport.
* Farewel dinner party.
*T shirt from Nepal mountain lovers treks
* Flight ticket from Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu
*Travel insurance and the cost of medical services of tourists
*All kinds of cloth and personal trekking equipment
*other personal expenses and tips
*Charted helicopter, plane and other transports in case of emergency
*the cost of oxygen if you use it.
- Outline Itinerary
- Detail Itinerary
- Trip Facts & Map
- Trip Cost Details
- Useful Information
Mera Peak Climbing Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival at the Airport and transfer to hotel
Day 02: About 30 minites flight from Kathmandu to Lukla and overnight in tented camp
Day 03: About 6 hrs trek to Chutok (2,800m) and overnight stay in tent
Day 04: About 5 hrs trek to Pangkongma (2,950m) and overnight stay in tent
Day 05: About 6 hrs trek to Kurke (3,800m) and overnight stay in tent
Day 06: About 5- 6 hrs trek to Thuli Kharka (4,160m) and overnight stay in tent
Day 07: About 6-7 hrs trek to Thasisingma (3,650m) and overnight stay in tent
Day 08: About 6-7 hrs trek to Thangnak (4,320m) and overnight stay in tent
Day 09: Rest day in Thangnak
Day 10: About 6 hrs trek to Khahare (4,870m) and overnight stay in tent
Day 11: About 6 hrs trek to Mera Base Camp (5,350m) and overnight stay in tent
Day 12: Trek to Mera High Camp (5,800m) and overnight stay in tent
Day 13: Climb Mera Peak , Summit (6,654m) and return to Base camp
Day 14: Climb Mera Peak and return to Base Camp and overnight stay in tent
Day 15: Spare Day
Day 16: Trek to Chamlang Base Camp (4,750m) and overnight stay in tent
Day 17: About 6 hrs trek to Hunku Nup Lake (4,900m) and overnight stay in tent
Day 18: About 5-6 hrs trek to Nare Glacier (5,000m) crossing over Mingbo La (5,815m) and overnight stay in tent
Day 19: Trek to Pangboche (3,980m) and overnight stay in tent
Day 20: About 6-7 hrs trek to Namche Bazar (3,440m) and overnight stay in tent
Day 21: About 7hrs trek to Lukla (2,800m) and overnight stay in tent
Day 22: Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu and rest. Farewell dinner
Day 23: Drop off at the airport for final departure to selected destination
please ask us
Pick up and drop transport with private car as mentioned in the itinerary
Domestic air ticket & airport tax
Accommodation and breakfast in Kathmandu
Accommodation, breakfast with tea/coffee, lunch and dinner during the trekking
Tent, sleeping bags, toiletries, mattresses
All necessary trekking equipment
Boiled/mineral water during the trek
Kitchen equipments and utensils
Insurance of our staff
All necessary government royalties & trekking permit
First Aid Kit
Nepal Mountain Lovers' T-shirt
- Farewell dinner
- Helicopter rescue
International air ticket, airport tax and Nepal visa fees
Cold drinks and beverage during the entire trip
Travel insurance and cost of medical services of tourists
All kinds of cloth and personal trekking equipment
Other personal expenses and tips
Food and accommodation during the trip in case of a need to extend itinerary due to emergency situation
- Backpack (50 liters) with outside pockets to keep smaller items
- Trekking boots, well broken in and waterproofed. Gaiters to keep snow out of boots
- Woolen sweaters and down jacket, gloves, wind proof outer garments, pants jacket, skirts, T-shirts, shirts, baggy pants and underwear
- Several pairs of woolen and few pairs of nylon socks. A pair of sandals
- Sleeping bag adequate for temperatures encountered
- Hat with wide brim and sun lotion cream
- One liter water bottle and some food for contingencies
- Repair and medical kit
- Head lamp with spare lithium batteries and bulbs
- Handkerchief and toiletries
- Verified phone number of your Embassy, consulate ,trekking agency and private phone number of your director
- Pen, pencils and letterhead to write an emergency message
- Pocket knife with opener and scissors
- Sunglasses with spare eyeglasses or contact lenses if you wear them
- Umbrella and rain coat
Important Information Before Your Trip to Nepal
Payment: Down payment: 15% of total payment is required to confirm the reservation.
Payment of the Balance: Rest amount can be paid in our office after your arrival.
Arrival Point: You will be met at the Kathmandu international airport. Our office representative will be waiting for you holding play card of the Nepal Mountain Lovers Treks and Expedition. In case of your change plan, please let us inform.
Booking Air Ticket: If you don't have regular travel agent, please visit makemytrip.com, www.kayak.com, www.vayama.com. They offer you very good price.
Room System: Normally we have two people in a room. Twin bed or single bed depends on the choice of guests and budget. If tourists want single room, s/he should pay single supplementary.
Climbing Leading Person: Our climbing guides will lead the whole trip with his/her helpers and porters.
Currencies: USD, AUD, EURO are major acceptable currencies in Nepal and visa and credit cards also accepted. There is ATM facility in city area.
Altitude Sickness: Altitude sickness will start from 3000 meter height. Trekkers should immediately inform trekking guide if faced any problems.
Drinking Water: We can get mineral water and boiled water in city area and in some trekking places. We use water purification tablet or liquid in some remote trekking sites.
Laundry Facility: Laundry facility are available in city area but not during the trekking.
Visa: You can get arrival visa at Kathmandu airport that cost 25 USD for 15 days and 40 USD for 30 days. Please bring 2 passport size photos. You can get your visa from the closest Nepali embassy.
Orientation Program: Before starting climbing, climbers are provided with an orientation by our office representative or trekking guide about the necessary climbing information.
Group Size: There will be maximum 12 persons in one group.
Accommodation: You will stay in a nice tourist standard hotel/resort in city areas. Normal hotels or tents are available during the trekking.
Foods: We provide breakfast, lunch, dinner. Tourists can get continental food both in city and trekking places. Food during the trekking might not meet the standard of your country.
View of Mount Everest: Trekkers to Everest region will of course see the Mount Everest. For trekkers visiting other regions where they cannot view Mount Everest, there are daily mountain flights which approach close to Mount Everest.
Travel Insurance: It is compulsory to have travel insurance.
Personal Expenses: It depends on your spending interest and shopping. There are some expensive handmade carpets, Thanka paintings, jewelries and handicrafts to purchase in Nepal.
Luggage: We take only about 10kg per person in trekking. Your excess baggage will be stored in a hotel.
Tips: Tips are highly accepted and appreciated.
Rules and Regulation
Nepal Mountain Lovers Treks and Expedition accepts your reservation under the following rules and regulations.
1. If the balance payment is not paid before your departure for trekking, the booking will be cancelled without any refund.
2. If there is war or the situation of the country is out of control and the country faces emergency situation before your arrival to Nepal, we inform you not to come Nepal and refund your payment. But in case of any emergency situation or war after your arrival or during the trekking, we will not refund your money. But we will try our best to make your trip successful and pleasant. In such situation, we may need to change the trip plan and itinerary.
3. In case of increase in government royalty and other costs such as the national park fee, you have to pay extra money.
4. If you commit any illegal act or disturbance for the safety and welfare of the group, our leader or guide can ask to leave the group without any right to refund.
5. If you have any complain with regards to trekking and tour please inform our tour leader or company. All kinds of valid complain are welcomed and processed with necessary actions.
6.You are responsible to ensure that all travel documents are with you during the entire trip.