Nepal Visa Info
To travel to Nepal a valid passport is required for all tourists expect Indian nationals who should carry either a passport or the election card. Visitors’ passport supposed to be valid for at least six more months to get a visa.
Visitors are provided with Nepal visa at Kathmandu airport or any other surface points upon arrival for a period of maximum 150 days in a visa year (January to December).
A tourist who has departed before the expiry of the period specified in the visa issued in a visa year shall not be allowed to use the visa by adding the remaining period to another visa year.
If any foreigner who has entered into Nepal towards the end of a visa year desires to spend even the period during which he may stay in Nepal with the tourist visa of the other visa year, he may use such facility.
15 days visa US $ 25 (valid for 15 days) or equivalent convertible currency
30 days visa for US $ 40 or equivalent convertible currency
90 days visa US $ 100 or equivalent convertible currency
- Children below 10 yrs
- Indian nationals
- Tourists from SAARC countries for 30 days
- Dependants up to the age of 16 years, holding foreign passports of Nepalese parents or either of their parent being a Nepalese citizen.
- Citizen of Nepali origin, after having obtained passport for the first time from a Nepal based foreign mission, until the period of his departure to a foreign country.
- Any foreigner, who has lived in Nepal up to fifteen (15) days continuously, re-entering Nepal during the same visa year.
- Any foreigner, tourist entering into Nepal for three days or less than that.
- Please bring visa fee in US $ cash as credit cards are not accepted by the immigration authorities. Please bring one photograph.
- In order to shorten your time or avoid long queue in the immigration and custom at the airport, please fill up all the forms in the airplane itself.