Patan Durbar Square Tour
Patan Durbar Square, situated in southeast of Kathmandu city, is full of ancients palace, temples and shrines and beautiful carvings. The ancient Royal Palace is the main attraction of Patan Durbar Square that consists of three main Chowks (courtyards) known as Mul Chowk, Sundari Chowk and Mani Keshab Narayan Chowk.
The palace for Royal bath called “Tushhity”, a masterpiece of stone architecture, lies in the centre of the Square. The three storied octagonal temple of Taleju Bhawani built in 1667 and a temple of Degu Taleju are within the premises of Durbar Square.
Patan is the oldest of all three cities in Kathmandu valley. It is the city of beauty which is famed for its wealth of Buddhist and Hindu temples with an abundance of fine bronze gateway and wonderful carvings. There are more than 1200 Buddhists monuments. Around second century BC, Ashoka, the great emperor of India, visited this city and built four Stupas in the four corners of the city.
Patan is the most famous historical town to produce the highest number of most talented artists and finest craftsmen in Nepal.
Patan is nominated in the list of world heritage site by UNESCO.
Culture Tour in Patan
Patan Museum: Patan museum is situated inside the Patan Durbar Square. This museum is specialized in bronze and religious objects. Tourists can explore the ideas of fine arts in Patan museum.
Krishana Mandir (Temple): Krishana Mandir is situated in the area of Patan Darbar Square. Krishna Mandir, made of stone, is a Shikhara style temple.
Golden Temple: Golden Temple is situated inside the Hiranya Varna Mahavihara. This Temple was built in the 12th century.
Kumbheshwor Temple: Kumbheshwor temple is a five-tiered temple. This temple belongs with the Lord Shiva.
Jagatnarayan Temple: Jagatnarayan temple is situated in Sankhamul, Patan. This temple belongs with Lord Vishnu. Jagatnarayan temple has many fine stone images.
Mahabudhha Temple: Mahabudhha temple is situated just ten minutes walk from Patan Durbar Square. This temple was built by the terracotta bricks and each brick contains the images of Buddha. This is one of the fantastic temples in Patan.
The Ashokas Stupas: The great emperor Ashoka once visited Kathmandu valley and built four Stupas in 250 BC at the four cardinal direction of Patan. These Stupas are the evidence of the Patan city of religious importance.
Machhendranath Temple: Mchhendranath temple is situated in Tabahal, Patan. Mchhendranath is very important god in Patan as he is a god of many guises and associated with the rain.
Minanath Temple: Minanath temple, next to Machhendranath temple, was built in 16th century. Minanath is the teacher of god Machhendranath.
- Outline Itinerary
- Detail Itinerary
- Trip Facts & Map
- Trip Cost Details
- Useful Information
Day by day Itinerary
For the cost please ask us.
Day 01: Arrival
Trip Cost:Ask us.
Trip cost: Ask us.
- Pick up and drop transport as mentioned in the itinerary
- Tour guide
- Entrance fees and government royalties
- Domestic air ticket and airport tax for tourists and guides as mentioned in the itinerary
- Sightseeing as mentioned in the itinerary
- International air ticket, airport tax and Nepal visa fees
- All kinds of drink during tour and travel with us
- Travel insurance and the cost of medical services of tourists
- All kinds of cloth and personal belongings
- Other personal expenses and tips
- Charted helicopter, plane and other transports in case of emergency
Important Information Before Your Trip to Nepal
Payment: Down payment: 15% of total payment is required to confirm the reservation.
Payment of the Balance: Rest amount can be paid in our office after your arrival.
Arrival Point: You will be met at the Kathmandu international airport. Our office representative will be waiting for you holding play card of the Nepal Mountain Lovers Treks and Expedition. In case of your change plan, please let us inform.
Booking Air Ticket: If you don't have regular travel agent, please visit makemytrip.com, www.kayak.com, www.vayama.com. They offer you very good price.
Room System: Normally we have two people in a room. Twin bed or single bed depends on the choice of guests and budget. If tourists want single room, s/he should pay single supplementary.
Tour Leading Person: Our tour guide will lead the whole trip with his/her helpers and porters.
Currencies: USD, AUD, EURO are major acceptable currencies in Nepal and visa and credit cards also accepted. There is ATM facility in city area.
Altitude Sickness: Altitude sickness will start from 3000 meter height. Tourists should immediately inform tour guide if faced any problems.
Drinking Water: We can get mineral water and boiled water in city area and in some touristy places. We use water purification tablet or liquid in some remote touristy sites.
Laundry Facility: Laundry facility are available in city area.
Visa: You can get arrival visa at Kathmandu airport that cost 25 USD for 15 days and 40 USD for 30 days. Please bring 2 passport size photos. You can get your visa from the closest Nepali embassy.
Orientation Program: Before starting trip, tourists are provided with an orientation by our office representative or tour guide about the necessary tour information.
Group Size: There will be maximum 12 persons in one group.
Accommodation: You will stay in a 5***** to nice tourist standard hotel/resort in city areas. Normal hotels also are available during the tour upon your desire.
Foods: We provide breakfast, lunch, dinner. Tourists can get continental food both in city and touristy areas.
View of Mount Everest: For tourists visiting other regions where they cannot view Mount Everest, there are daily mountain flights which approach close to Mount Everest.
Travel Insurance: It is compulsory to have travel insurance.
Personal Expenses: It depends on your spending interest and shopping. There are some expensive handmade carpets, Thanka paintings, jewelries and handicrafts to purchase in Nepal.
Luggage: Your excess baggage will be stored in a hotel.
Tips: Tips are highly accepted and appreciated.
Rules and Regulation
Nepal Mountain Lovers Treks and Expedition accepts your reservation under the following rules and regulations.
1. If the balance payment is not paid before your departure for trip, the booking will be cancelled without any refund.
2. If there is war or the situation of the country is out of control and the country faces emergency situation before your arrival to Nepal, we inform you not to come Nepal and refund your payment. But in case of any emergency situation or war after your arrival or during the tour, we will not refund your money. But we will try our best to make your trip successful and pleasant. In such situation, we may need to change the trip plan and itinerary.
3. In case of increase in government royalty and other costs such as the national park fee, you have to pay extra money.
4. If you commit any illegal act or disturbance for the safety and welfare of the group, our leader or guide can ask to leave the group without any right to refund.
5. If you have any complain with regards to trip, please inform our tour leader or company. All kinds of valid complain are welcomed and processed with necessary actions.
6.You are responsible to ensure that all travel documents are with you during the entire trip.