Shamanism Tour in Nepal
Shamanism tour in Nepal explores the Shamanism practice. In ancient time, there was no availability of allopathic medicine and modern health services to cure different types of diseases. People believed in supernatural forces, leading to cause different types of sickness. The trees, rocks, rivers, mountains, hills, moon, sun, stars, passes, deurali (sources of water) were also believed to have been carrying spiritual power that could hamper people or could make them sick. The Shamanism practice was established due to the lack of medicine and health services.
Shamanism is a kind of healing. During the healing, the Shaman carries himself the sprite of causing sickness and explains the reasons behind the sickness. Shamanism is somehow associated with the witchcraft practice that still exists in Nepali society. The Shaman while healing finds out the demands of the God or witchcraft for what the sickness was caused. The family of sick people offer things to the God or witchcraft as asked by the Shaman. Normally, chicken, goat, sheep and some amount of money and alcohol are offered. In many cases, sick people are found to have been feeling better after the Shaman finishes healing.
The Shaman wears a special uniform decorated with different types of colorful long feather of birds and plays a special leather drum and other musical instruments and sings a religious melody. For foreigners, the conduct of Shamanism is really interesting and amazing.
In July 18 and 19 of 2018 there is big festival of shamans in Rukum district of Nepal.If any tourists are interested to explore shamanism you can join for this program.For the detail package and cost you can write us mail.
- Outline Itinerary
- Detail Itinerary
- Trip Facts & Map
- Trip Cost Details
- Useful Information
Shamanism Tour in Nepal Itinerary
01 Day: Picked up at the airpport in Kathmandu and drop off to hotel
02 Day: Introduction to Shamanism master and concept of Shamanism
03 Day: Practice or study Shamanism
04 Day: Practice or study Shamanism
05 Day: Practice or study Shamanism
06 Day: Practice or study Shamanism
07 Day: Drive to international airport and fly back to selected destination or start tour/trekking in Nepal
Note: We make a seperate itinerary for tourists that are interested in participating in Shamanism ceremonies often taking place in the countryside. Shamanism tour pakages can be shortened and extended based on the objective of the guests.
Day 01: Arrival
- Pick up and drop off transport as mentioned in the itinerary
- Accommodation and three meals per day during the tour
- Tour guide
- Shamanism fees
- Domestic air ticket and airport tax as mentioned in the itinerary
- Sightseeing as mentioned in the itinerary
- International air ticket, airport tax and Nepal visa fees
- All kinds of drink during tour with us
- Travel insurance and the cost of medical services of tourists
- All kinds of cloth and personal belonging
- Other personal expenses and tips
- Charted helicopter, plane and other transports in case of emergency
Important Information Before Your Trip to Nepal
Payment: Down payment: 15% of total payment is required to confirm the reservation.
Payment of the Balance: Rest amount can be paid in our office after your arrival.
Arrival Point: You will be met at the Kathmandu international airport. Our office representative will be waiting for you holding play card of the Nepal Mountain Lovers Treks and Expedition. In case of your change plan, please let us inform.
Booking Air Ticket: If you don't have regular travel agent, please visit makemytrip.com, www.kayak.com, www.vayama.com. They offer you very good price.
Room System: Normally we have two people in a room. Twin bed or single bed depends on the choice of guests and budget. If tourists want single room, s/he should pay single supplementary.
Tour Leading Person: Our tour guide will lead the whole trip with his/her helpers and porters.
Currencies: USD, AUD, EURO are major acceptable currencies in Nepal and visa and credit cards also accepted. There is ATM facility in city area.
Altitude Sickness: Altitude sickness will start from 3000 meter height. Tourists should immediately inform tour guide if faced any problems.
Drinking Water: We can get mineral water and boiled water in city area and in some touristy places. We use water purification tablet or liquid in some remote touristy sites.
Laundry Facility: Laundry facility are available in city area.
Visa: You can get arrival visa at Kathmandu airport that cost 25 USD for 15 days and 40 USD for 30 days. Please bring 2 passport size photos. You can get your visa from the closest Nepali embassy.
Orientation Program: Before starting trip, tourists are provided with an orientation by our office representative or tour guide about the necessary tour information.
Group Size: There will be maximum 12 persons in one group.
Accommodation: You will stay in a 5***** to nice tourist standard hotel/resort in city areas. Normal hotels also are available during the tour upon your desire.
Foods: We provide breakfast, lunch, dinner. Tourists can get continental food both in city and touristy areas.
View of Mount Everest: For tourists visiting other regions where they cannot view Mount Everest, there are daily mountain flights which approach close to Mount Everest.
Travel Insurance: It is compulsory to have travel insurance.
Personal Expenses: It depends on your spending interest and shopping. There are some expensive handmade carpets, Thanka paintings, jewelries and handicrafts to purchase in Nepal.
Luggage: Your excess baggage will be stored in a hotel.
Tips: Tips are highly accepted and appreciated.
Rules and Regulation
Nepal Mountain Lovers Treks and Expedition accepts your reservation under the following rules and regulations.
1. If the balance payment is not paid before your departure for trip, the booking will be cancelled without any refund.
2. If there is war or the situation of the country is out of control and the country faces emergency situation before your arrival to Nepal, we inform you not to come Nepal and refund your payment. But in case of any emergency situation or war after your arrival or during the tour, we will not refund your money. But we will try our best to make your trip successful and pleasant. In such situation, we may need to change the trip plan and itinerary.
3. In case of increase in government royalty and other costs such as the national park fee, you have to pay extra money.
4. If you commit any illegal act or disturbance for the safety and welfare of the group, our leader or guide can ask to leave the group without any right to refund.
5. If you have any complain with regards to trip, please inform our tour leader or company. All kinds of valid complain are welcomed and processed with necessary actions.
6.You are responsible to ensure that all travel documents are with you during the entire trip.