Sikkim tour is the exploration of Sikkim. Sikkim in the north of Darjeeling, India is a popular touristic mountainous. Sikkim offers beautiful monasteries, lakes, royal palace, orchid garden and flora and fauna. The beautiful Mt. Kanchanjanga (8586m), the world third highest peak, is located on Sikkim’s border with Nepal. Besides, the wonderful white peaks can be viewed from many points around Sikkim.
Sikkim borders Nepal to the west, Tibet to the north and east, Bhutan to the southeast and the west Bengal, India, to the south. Sikkim, an independent kingdom until 1975, has been identified as one of the last Himalayan Shangri Las. The culture of Sikkim is represented by its friendly people, indigenous arts and crafts, melodious music and lively dance.
Darjeeling is a very popular hill city of India. It has the Tiger Hill, the view point for the sunrise and beautiful snowcapped mountains. There are other sightseeing spots such as monasteries, zoological park, mountain museum and the beautiful green tea garden until the eye sight.
Darjeeling was first ruled by the king of Sikkim until the beginning of 18th century. Later, Darjeeling was ruled by the Nepali Gurkhas who handed it over to the East India Company that returned Darjeeling to the king of Sikkim. Lastly, the East India Company took-over Darjeeling and developed it as the summer health resort. They planted tea garden and built railway road. In return for its ruling in Darjeeling, the East India Company paid Rs.3000 to the king of Sikkim.
- Outline Itinerary
- Detail Itinerary
- Trip Facts & Map
- Trip Cost Details
- Useful Information
Day by day Itinerary
01 Day: About one hour flight from Kathmandu to Bhadrapur and drive to Kankatbhitta, the border of Nepal and India. Drive from Kankatbhitta to Darjeeling and overnight stay at the hotel.
02 Day: Drive to Tiger Hill early in the morning to view sunrise and third highest mountain Kanchanjunga - back to the hotel -breakfast-visit Ghoom monastery zoological park, Himalaya Mountering Institute and the beautiful tea garden.
03 Day: Drive to Gantok, the capital city of Sikkim.
04 Day: Sightseeing in Royal Palace, Deer Park, Research Institute of Tibetology and Orchid sanctuary -lunch-drive to Phodang monastery.
05 Day: Drive to Chondu Lake - back to the hotel -lunch-visit the Rumtek monastery, the biggest and popular monastery of Sikkim.
06 Day: Breakfast-drive to selected destinations (Bhutan or Nepal border or fly back from Bagdora to Delhi, India).
Day 01: Arrival
Trip cost: USD 00/ per person
- Accommodation with three meals.
- Transport as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Tour guide in your language.
- Sightseeing as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Entrance fees and government royalties.
- Domestic airport tax.
- All kinds of drinks.
- Travel insurances and cost of medical services & medicine.
- International air tickets, airport tax and Nepal visa fees.
- Service not mentioned in the itinerary
- Other personal expenses, including tips.
- Charted helicopter, plane and other transports in case of emergency.
Important Information Before Your Trip to Nepal
Payment: Down payment: 15% of total payment is required to confirm the reservation.
Payment of the Balance: Rest amount can be paid in our office after your arrival.
Arrival Point: You will be met at the Kathmandu international airport. Our office representative will be waiting for you holding play card of the Nepal Mountain Lovers Treks and Expedition. In case of your change plan, please let us inform.
Booking Air Ticket: If you don't have regular travel agent, please visit makemytrip.com, www.kayak.com, www.vayama.com. They offer you very good price.
Room System: Normally we have two people in a room. Twin bed or single bed depends on the choice of guests and budget. If tourists want single room, s/he should pay single supplementary.
Trekking Leading Person: Our trekking guide will lead the whole trip with his/her helpers and porters.
Currencies: USD, AUD, EURO are major acceptable currencies in Nepal and visa and credit cards also accepted. There is ATM facility in city area.
Altitude Sickness: Altitude sickness will start from 3000 meter height. Trekkers should immediately inform trekking guide if faced any problems.
Drinking Water: We can get mineral water and boiled water in city area and in some trekking places. We use water purification tablet or liquid in some remote trekking sites.
Laundry Facility: Laundry facility are available in city area but not during the trekking.
Visa: You can get arrival visa at Kathmandu airport that cost 25 USD for 15 days and 40 USD for 30 days. Please bring 2 passport size photos. You can get your visa from the closest Nepali embassy.
Orientation Program: Before starting trekking, trekkers are provided with an orientation by our office representative or trekking guide about the necessary trekking information.
Group Size: There will be maximum 12 persons in one group.
Accommodation: You will stay in a nice tourist standard hotel/resort in city areas. Normal hotels or tents are available during the trekking.
Foods: We provide breakfast, lunch, dinner. Tourists can get continental food both in city and trekking places. Food during the trekking might not meet the standard of your country.
View of Mount Everest: Trekkers to Everest region will of course see the Mount Everest. For trekkers visiting other regions where they cannot view Mount Everest, there are daily mountain flights which approach close to Mount Everest.
Travel Insurance: It is compulsory to have travel insurance.
Personal Expenses: It depends on your spending interest and shopping. There are some expensive handmade carpets, Thanka paintings, jewelries and handicrafts to purchase in Nepal.
Luggage: We take only about 10kg per person in trekking. Your excess baggage will be stored in a hotel.
Tips: Tips are highly accepted and appreciated.
Rules and Regulation
Nepal Mountain Lovers Treks and Expedition accepts your reservation under the following rules and regulations.
1. If the balance payment is not paid before your departure for trekking, the booking will be cancelled without any refund.
2. If there is war or the situation of the country is out of control and the country faces emergency situation before your arrival to Nepal, we inform you not to come Nepal and refund your payment. But in case of any emergency situation or war after your arrival or during the trekking, we will not refund your money. But we will try our best to make your trip successful and pleasant. In such situation, we may need to change the trip plan and itinerary.
3. In case of increase in government royalty and other costs such as the national park fee, you have to pay extra money.
4. If you commit any illegal act or disturbance for the safety and welfare of the group, our leader or guide can ask to leave the group without any right to refund.
5. If you have any complain with regards to trekking and tour please inform our tour leader or company. All kinds of valid complain are welcomed and processed with necessary actions.
6.You are responsible to ensure that all travel documents are with you during the entire trip.