Tilicho Lake Short Trekking
Tilicho lake short trekking is the adventure trek to explore the difficult trekking trail as well as the beauty of the Tilicho Lake. Tilicho Lake is located at the height of 4920 meter and it is the highest lake of the world.The thundered sound of avalanche and the calm of the Tilicho Lake are really amazing. The trail from Shree kharka to Tilicho base camp is really dangerous and breathtaking. Only who prefer difficult route they can make trekking in this trail. The herd of blue sheep and Yaks are another attraction of this trek. Before making this trek tourist must take clear information with the expert of this trekking. The view of the Tilicho peak is really admirable. If some people want to pass the Mesokantula pass then they can walk about 13 hours till jomsom Otherwise come back same road till shreekharka and head to the yak kharka and trek via Thorongla pass.
In Kathmandu we provide 2 star equivalent hotel like international guest house with bed and breakfast. In trekking we provide attached toilet room in low lands. As we arrive to higher elevation it is difficult to get attached toilet room and single room in peak season. In peak season we have to share the room. But we try to provide single room if it is possible.
Foods and drinks
In trekking we can get all kinds of food and select from menu and can have as you like. We do not recommend to eat any kinds of meat that is carried local porters from low land walking with 2-3 days. In trekking region they are not allowed to kill any animals. We recommend to eat all kind of vegetarian food and eggs. You can have meat as you arrive to Jomsom,pokhara and Kathmandu. You can get all kind of drinks in trekking route. We recommend to drink Mineral water, boiled water or purified water. Purifying tablet is provided by our guide. All kinds of cold drinks and beers are available in tea houses.
Guide and porter
We provide English speaking guide and some guide they can speak extra language like, Chinese, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian. Extra language guide is not included in this cost. On request of guest we provide extra language guide with extra cost. Our guides and porters are very helpful, kind and dedicated on their duty. Every day they pass massage to us about the situation of the guest, weather in Trekking.
How hard is to go to Tilicho lake trek?
Tilicho lake trek is a hard trek due to the higher elevation though there are hundreds of beautiful breathtaking scenery. You can make it easy if you follow some rules and regulations before starting your treks towards Tilicho lake trek. Most of the time tourists suffered from high-altitude sickness and tiredness. The high-altitude sickness starts from the height of 3000 meter or 9700 feet and you have to arrive 5467 meter or 17767 feet to get Mesokanta la pass. If tourists walk slowly and steadily with many breaks on the way to trek they can acclimatize easily and the trek will be easy. On the way to trek each 1 to 2 hours there are available of tea houses and tourists could have enough liquids and rest to protect themselves from High altitude sickness and tiredness. Because there are not many up and down hills. The trekking trail goes gradually up and only few places there are stiffs. From shree kharka to Tilicho base camp the trail is very small or narrow. From above the trekking trail there comes rolling stones and it is just like a bullet of the gun if it strikes on the man. For about two hours walk we have to be very careful. From Tilicho base camp to Jomsom is the longest walk of the trek. If possible try to practice walking through up and down steeps, Jogging and swimming are equally helpful. Any exercise that is convenient to you and helps you to be fit is recommended.
How long does it take to get to Tilicho Lake?
From Kathmandu it takes minimum 5 days to arrive to Tilicho Lake if you are very fit otherwise it takes 7 days.5 days trip is one way to Tilico lake and Jomsom and coming back to Kathmandu it takes 3 more days via Jomsom and Pokhara. For the comfortable walk it takes 7 days to arrive to Tilicho Lake and 2 more days to come down to Pokhara via Jomsom. We design the itinerary on the basis of your requirements otherwise you can follow our itinerary down.
- Outline Itinerary
- Detail Itinerary
- Trip Facts & Map
- Trip Cost Details
- Useful Information
Tilicho Lake Short Trekking Itinerary
01 Day- Pick up from airport and drop to hotel.
02 Day- Drive to Chamje.
03 Day- Drive about 3 hours till Chame and trek to Pisang.
04 Day- Trek to Manang.
05 Day- Trek to Tilicho base camp.
06 Day- Trek to Jomsom via Tilicho Lake and Mesokantula pass.
07 Day- Fly from Jomsom to Pokhara and Kathmandu.
08 Day- Drive to airport and fly back
Trip Cost: StartsUSD 814.00
Trip cost: Starts USD814.00/ per person
- Pick up and drop off transport as mentioned in the itinerary
- Accommodation and breakfast in Kathmandu
- Accommodation and breakfast with tea/coffee, lunch and dinner during the trek
- Trekking guide
- National parks’ fees and government royalties
- Domestic air ticket and airport tax for tourist and guide as mentioned in the itinerary
- Insurance of our trekking staff
- Sleeping bag (guests may have their own if they prefer)
- Dawn jacket (guests may have their own if they prefer)
- Trekking map
- TIMS Card
- First Aid Kit
- Nepal Mountain Lovers’ T-shirts
- Farewell dinner with cultural program in Kathmandu
International air ticket, airport tax and Nepal visa fees
All kinds of drink during trekking and travel stay with us
Travel insurance and the cost of medical services of tourists
All kinds of cloth and personal trekking equipment
Other personal expenses and tips
Charted helicopter, plane and other transports in case of emergency
- Backpack (50 liters) with outside pockets to keep smaller items
- Trekking boots, well broken in and waterproofed. Gaiters to keep snow out of boots
- Woolen sweaters and down jacket, gloves, wind proof outer garments, pants jacket, skirts, T-shirts, shirts, baggy pants and underwear
- Several pairs of woolen and few pairs of nylon socks. A pair of sandals
- Sleeping bag adequate for temperatures encountered
- Hat with wide brim and sun lotion cream
- One liter water bottle and some food for contingencies
- Repair and medical kit
- Head lamp with spare lithium batteries and bulbs
- Handkerchief and toiletries
- Verified phone number of your Embassy, consulate ,trekking agency and private phone number of your director
- Pen, pencils and letterhead to write an emergency message
- Pocket knife with opener and scissors
- Sunglasses with spare eyeglasses or contact lenses if you wear them
- Umbrella and rain coat
Important Information Before Your Trip to Nepal
Payment: Down payment: 15% of total payment is required to confirm the reservation.
Payment of the Balance: Rest amount can be paid in our office after your arrival.
Arrival Point: You will be met at the Kathmandu international airport. Our office representative will be waiting for you holding play card of the Nepal Mountain Lovers Treks and Expedition. In case of your change plan, please let us inform.
Booking Air Ticket: If you don't have regular travel agent, please visit makemytrip.com, www.kayak.com, www.vayama.com. They offer you very good price.
Room System: Normally we have two people in a room. Twin bed or single bed depends on the choice of guests and budget. If tourists want single room, s/he should pay single supplementary.
Trekking Leading Person: Our trekking guide will lead the whole trip with his/her helpers and porters.
Currencies: USD, AUD, EURO are major acceptable currencies in Nepal and visa and credit cards also accepted. There is ATM facility in city area.
Altitude Sickness: Altitude sickness will start from 3000 meter height. Trekkers should immediately inform trekking guide if faced any problems.
Drinking Water: We can get mineral water and boiled water in city area and in some trekking places. We use water purification tablet or liquid in some remote trekking sites.
Laundry Facility: Laundry facility are available in city area but not during the trekking.
Visa: You can get arrival visa at Kathmandu airport that cost 25 USD for 15 days and 40 USD for 30 days. Please bring 2 passport size photos. You can get your visa from the closest Nepali embassy.
Orientation Program: Before starting trekking, trekkers are provided with an orientation by our office representative or trekking guide about the necessary trekking information.
Group Size: There will be maximum 12 persons in one group.
Accommodation: You will stay in a nice tourist standard hotel/resort in city areas. Normal hotels or tents are available during the trekking.
Foods: We provide breakfast, lunch, dinner. Tourists can get continental food both in city and trekking places. Food during the trekking might not meet the standard of your country.
View of Mount Everest: Trekkers to Everest region will of course see the Mount Everest. For trekkers visiting other regions where they cannot view Mount Everest, there are daily mountain flights which approach close to Mount Everest.
Travel Insurance: It is compulsory to have travel insurance.
Personal Expenses: It depends on your spending interest and shopping. There are some expensive handmade carpets, Thanka paintings, jewelries and handicrafts to purchase in Nepal.
Luggage: We take only about 10kg per person in trekking. Your excess baggage will be stored in a hotel.
Tips: Tips are highly accepted and appreciated.
Rules and Regulation
Nepal Mountain Lovers Treks and Expedition accepts your reservation under the following rules and regulations.
1. If the balance payment is not paid before your departure for trekking, the booking will be cancelled without any refund.
2. If there is war or the situation of the country is out of control and the country faces emergency situation before your arrival to Nepal, we inform you not to come Nepal and refund your payment. But in case of any emergency situation or war after your arrival or during the trekking, we will not refund your money. But we will try our best to make your trip successful and pleasant. In such situation, we may need to change the trip plan and itinerary.
3. In case of increase in government royalty and other costs such as the national park fee, you have to pay extra money.
4. If you commit any illegal act or disturbance for the safety and welfare of the group, our leader or guide can ask to leave the group without any right to refund.
5. If you have any complain with regards to trekking and tour please inform our tour leader or company. All kinds of valid complain are welcomed and processed with necessary actions.
6.You are responsible to ensure that all travel documents are with you during the entire trip.